The truth about Joey, by Marty Mornhenweg - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The truth about Joey, by Marty Mornhenweg

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:24 pm

Tough position to look back on considering that Jammer hasn't been that great either. At least with Joey there's still some hope there that Mooch anc Co. can get him turned around especially if Rogers comes back and stays healthy and Jones performs as he did the end of last year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby warrick95 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:02 am

At least Quentin Jammer's somewhat servicable.

Joey's had plenty of time to prove himself. He's done nothing but make bad decisions. I really don't know how many more chances Detroit is willing to give him. As a Bengal fan, I thank y'all for taking him. We apparently had him in our sights. We "reached" for Levi Jones, but he's looking like a franchise tackle now. :-D

I really don't know if coming out and saying this about your quarterback is really smart. It kind of hurts his confidence, which really can't be too high right now in the first place. It's not exactly that detrimental, but there aren't many positive. It's kind of like he wants to put himself in the good light of the fans.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:49 pm

mutantseabass wrote:This is the Lions we are talking about. I wonder to myself when you hear people talk about how good Millen has drafted at least over the last few years. To me he has been horrible and should have been canned when Marty was. But because we hired Mooch for some reason its almost a free pass at an extra year or two for Matt. I would have loved to have traded down and taken Jammer instead of Joey. I would also have like the Lions to have taken Andre Johnson over Collarbone Rogers. As a Lions fan i wish that Ford would just sell the team already, until then the Leos will go nowhere.

But, who would buy them? I know exactly where you're coming from man, I don't disagree, but it's sad to say they're all the Lions got.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:41 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:This is the Lions we are talking about. I wonder to myself when you hear people talk about how good Millen has drafted at least over the last few years. To me he has been horrible and should have been canned when Marty was. But because we hired Mooch for some reason its almost a free pass at an extra year or two for Matt. I would have loved to have traded down and taken Jammer instead of Joey. I would also have like the Lions to have taken Andre Johnson over Collarbone Rogers. As a Lions fan i wish that Ford would just sell the team already, until then the Leos will go nowhere.

But, who would buy them? I know exactly where you're coming from man, I don't disagree, but it's sad to say they're all the Lions got.

I dont think the Lions would be too hard too sell. Im sure they would be a few people that would love to buy the Lions. They technically are a NFL franchise. ;-)

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:04 pm

I'll give you 84 cents and a Slayer cassette tape for em.Seriously,I think Harrington can prove himself to be a capable but not outstanding starter sometime in the future,just not with the Lions.They have to squeeze a couple more losing seasons out of the guy first.Believe me,they are almost as bad as the Bears when it comes to holding on to crap so you don't "lose" money.But that OT game was a classic.I almost fell off my chair when they gave the ball back to the Bears,with a solid kicker used to kicking in windy conditions....just too funny for words.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk