Your favorite TV show as a kid? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Your favorite TV show as a kid?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:52 am

ljthockey wrote:Definalty Ninja Turtles as number 1 ;-D

Honorable mentions: Rockos Modern Life, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Bobbys World

Bobbys World was that the show with Howie Mandell as Bobbys voice? If so that was a good one.

Ninja turtles are still kickin, my son watches it all the time and loves the original movie.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:54 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Seeing Buck Rogers on the list made me think of another all-time favorite...Battlestar Galactica

I couldn't get enough of it as a kid. It was as close as you could get to Star Wars on television. ;-D

Anyone watching Battlestar Galactica on SciFi?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Canacuna » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:05 am

Good 'ol TMNT... I remember enjoyin' those movies a lot (the third one doesn't hold up, though). Anyway, here's some random facts on the movies...

TMNT: The Movie has Sam Rockwell, Elias Koteas, and Corey Feldman!

TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze has Vanilla Ice ("musician") and Kevin Nash ('wrassler)!

TMNT3 has Elias Koteas and Corey Feldman!
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:39 am

Scooby Doo, captain caveman, and The Laff A Lympics were staples in my Saturday morning television schedule

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:02 am

mutantseabass wrote:Scooby Doo, captain caveman, and The Laff A Lympics were staples in my Saturday morning television schedule

Oh man, I loved the Laff-A-Lympics! Even though it was the same premise every time.. the Bad Guys team thinks up some devious scheme to cheat.. but still manages to fail, causing either the Scooby or Yogi team to win the race.

I never found out who won the whole thing though.. does anyone know? I was going for the Scoobys.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:51 am

Nilmerf wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Scooby Doo, captain caveman, and The Laff A Lympics were staples in my Saturday morning television schedule

Oh man, I loved the Laff-A-Lympics! Even though it was the same premise every time.. the Bad Guys team thinks up some devious scheme to cheat.. but still manages to fail, causing either the Scooby or Yogi team to win the race.

I never found out who won the whole thing though.. does anyone know? I was going for the Scoobys.

I dont think that any one team ever clearly won the whole thing, as yes i too was a fan of the Scooby-doobies.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:29 pm

when i was at work today i remembered another great show..a classic..from childhood. only you older guys will remember it:

Bosum Buddies

it was the one with tom hanks where him and his friend dressed as women to live in an all female apartment.

also:

perfect strangers

"dont be rediculous!!!!"

;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 am

deluxe_247 wrote:perfect strangers

"dont be rediculous!!!!"

;-D

Awesome show...in fact, it's so awesome, I feel like doing the Meposian "Dance of Joy!"

Di di di di....didi...di dididi....Hey! (Hey!) Hey! (Hey!) Hey! (Hey!)

Hey!

;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:38 pm

Dukes of Hazzard
Mork & Mindy(married a girl named Mindy, should I see a shrink about that?)
Kroft was great(land of lost/ziggy the sea monster, etc...)
Gilligans Island
M*A*S*H

My parents own a bookstore so I never got to watch too much t.v. growing up. boy, were they mad i watched Dukes of Hazzard...something about stereotypes and bad influences
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:14 pm

hastur wrote:Dukes of Hazzard
Mork & Mindy(married a girl named Mindy, should I see a shrink about that?)
Kroft was great(land of lost/ziggy the sea monster, etc...)
Gilligans Island
M*A*S*H

My parents own a bookstore so I never got to watch too much t.v. growing up. boy, were they mad i watched Dukes of Hazzard...something about stereotypes and bad influences

MASH was a show that put me to sleep every time...maybe it was that theme music...i can hear it now.... :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk