NFL skills competition - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

NFL skills competition

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:17 pm

If that's true, he should just becoem a Runningback. They barely ever have to pass, and when they haev to, he's probably more accurate than the otehr RB's.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:54 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:
Ahman Green is actually faster than Champ, he ran a 4.18. AND, that is faster than Bennett's fastest, which is 4.27.

Anyone here watch the world's best athlete contest a while ago?
Jeremy Bloom, professional skier and former Colorado receiver (not anymore since he accepted skiing endorsements :-° ), blew away the competition in the 40 yd dash. Ohyea, Ahman Green was also in the competition and came in third (another college WR came in 2nd).

As for Vick, he should join the speed challenge instead of the accuracy challenge. I read rumors that he ran a 4.2, but that figure seems to be exaggerated.


Vick has run a 4.25, but is at around 4.33.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:12 pm

that's real fast for a QB, and I'm sure it's faster than what some RB's run in our league right now.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:20 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:that's real fast for a QB, and I'm sure it's faster than what some RB's run in our league right now.


Yea extremely fast. He could play running back or wide receiver if he chose to. He has an extremely strong arm though, so it would kinda be a waste if he does. I've heard that he can throw the ball 80 yards.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:34 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:that's real fast for a QB, and I'm sure it's faster than what some RB's run in our league right now.


Yea extremely fast. He could play running back or wide receiver if he chose to. He has an extremely strong arm though, so it would kinda be a waste if he does. I've heard that he can throw the ball 80 yards.


that's great, but if he ahs bad accuracy, it mans nothing.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:37 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:that's real fast for a QB, and I'm sure it's faster than what some RB's run in our league right now.


Yea extremely fast. He could play running back or wide receiver if he chose to. He has an extremely strong arm though, so it would kinda be a waste if he does. I've heard that he can throw the ball 80 yards.


You've heard right...man I remember back in the good old VA Tech days, Vick throwing bombs to Andre Davis every game. He can throw it 80 yards with the flick of the wrist, I'm not kidding. But as mtryanks mentioned, the guy needs to work on that accuracy, and have a little more faith in Atlanta's passing game.
Image
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:45 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:Fastest guy in the NFL is DeAngelo Hall, CB (Falcons). He has run a 4.15.

The last time Champ was clocked he was at 4.2.

Ahman Green is actually faster than Champ, he ran a 4.18. AND, that is faster than Bennett's fastest, which is 4.27.

Joe Horn runs a 4.3, Randy Moss is faster, he runs a 4.25.

As for Santana Moss, my favorite player, he runs a 4.3. Former Jet Lavernius Coles has been clocked under 4.2.

As for the other guys in the fastest man contest, AJ is extremely fast. He runs a 4.3. I can't find Rossum's 40 time, but I know he is also very fast.

Should be a good contest for the speed competition. Green will most likely win.

BTW...Ladainian Tomlinson runs a 4.34.




I have no idea where you got your numbers but let me say a couple of things. First of all I personally saw Randy Moss burn DeAngelo Hall this year in a pre-season game in Atlanta. Daunte threw the ball up about 50 yards. At the time he released it Moss and Hall were even, by the time the ball got there Moss was a step ahead and after he caught it he increased his spacing between he and Hall, so you can tell me all the numbers but I saw first hand who is faster. Secondly it is pretty hard to debate Michael Bennet as anything but the fastest man in the NFL. He was the only NFL player invited to be on the last U.S. Olympic Sprint team (which he turned down because it would have interfered with training camp). He was a track star at University of Wisconsin where he set numerous records.

Of course any true Viking fan can tell you that Kelly Campbell thinks he is faster than Moss or Bennett!! LOL!!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 305
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Corey Chavous' Hometown

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:59 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:
DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:Fastest guy in the NFL is DeAngelo Hall, CB (Falcons). He has run a 4.15.

The last time Champ was clocked he was at 4.2.

Ahman Green is actually faster than Champ, he ran a 4.18. AND, that is faster than Bennett's fastest, which is 4.27.

Joe Horn runs a 4.3, Randy Moss is faster, he runs a 4.25.

As for Santana Moss, my favorite player, he runs a 4.3. Former Jet Lavernius Coles has been clocked under 4.2.

As for the other guys in the fastest man contest, AJ is extremely fast. He runs a 4.3. I can't find Rossum's 40 time, but I know he is also very fast.

Should be a good contest for the speed competition. Green will most likely win.

BTW...Ladainian Tomlinson runs a 4.34.




I have no idea where you got your numbers but let me say a couple of things. First of all I personally saw Randy Moss burn DeAngelo Hall this year in a pre-season game in Atlanta. Daunte threw the ball up about 50 yards. At the time he released it Moss and Hall were even, by the time the ball got there Moss was a step ahead and after he caught it he increased his spacing between he and Hall, so you can tell me all the numbers but I saw first hand who is faster. Secondly it is pretty hard to debate Michael Bennet as anything but the fastest man in the NFL. He was the only NFL player invited to be on the last U.S. Olympic Sprint team (which he turned down because it would have interfered with training camp). He was a track star at University of Wisconsin where he set numerous records.

Of course any true Viking fan can tell you that Kelly Campbell thinks he is faster than Moss or Bennett!! LOL!!


Just because DeAngelo Hall can beat Moss in a 40 yard dash with straight up running doesn't mean that he is actually faster than Moss on the field.

If you watch the speed competition in the Pro bowl you will see how fast Ahman Green is. You don't usually get to see a RB's straight up speed (except in the rare cases where he has gotten past everyone already). Ahman Green is ridiculously fast. It would be kinda nice to have a 100 meter race or somethin between green and bennet..it would be close ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:10 am

I'm not going to doubt Green's speed. His 90 yard TD run this year was pretty awesome...plus he scored me a ton of TD's in NFL 2K5 last week. 240 yards on 8 carries plus a 60 yard receiving TD! 8-o ;-D

I loved the old days of the QB Challenge. Elway vs. Marino vs. Young vs. Cunningham vs. whatever other guys in it. Read and Recog. is the greatest event ever. I also have the game for SNES. For some reason, Bubby Brister (QB'ing for the Eagles at the time) was the best guy in the game. He could do the obstacle course in under 10 seconds, throw the ball 80 yards, and get a perfect score in Read & Recog... :-B Using David Klingler or Jim Everett was never a good idea. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:09 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact