Trade Shaun Alexander? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade Shaun Alexander?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Shaun Alexander?

Postby Questi4110 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:45 pm

Should i trade him...he hasn't give me many points this season and i dont think he will continue to produce...this is the one factor that is lacking...if you recommend a trade what other rb should i look for (i can also trade 2 for 1 with mccardell and alexander)

thanks
Questi4110
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:57 pm

Give us some trade or FA options,it's hard to make a call on this without knowing your choices.Alexander is struggling with a tough schedule,keep him for now,if only to run all over a sad Vikings D this week.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:05 pm

Post the rest of your roster so we know what you have to work with, until then we really cant help
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Questi4110 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:15 pm

this is my team:
Starters - Reserves
QB: Brooks - Carr
RB: James, Alexander - Dayne
WR: Harrison, McCardell - Curtis Conway
TE: Freddie Jones - Ernie Conwell
K: Akers - Rian
DT: SD - Eagles
Questi4110
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JayM09 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:26 pm

First of all dont do the 2 for 1 trade. You'll leave your self thin at WR. Drop your backup kicker and pickup another reciever or running back. You may try and see if clinton portis is on waivers, he should have a bigger role in denver's gameplan now. donald driver may be able to help you as well. As far as who to trade for, I cant say cause alexander's value is low right now, but you need to find someone since james has a bye this week.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:36 pm

Week Four-Sunday night game:Minnesota vs. Seattle.Lamar Smith ran all over them,Alexander should too.Leave him on your squad at least to fill Edge's bye week,then shop him around.If you still want to.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:20 am

gutt puppy is exactly right with this one if you do want to trade him then wait a wee. you need him to cover the bye. also his trade value is crap right now but after he runs all over the vikings and people see the points he produces then they will get a glimpse of the old alexander and be foaming from the mouth for him. trading him now would totally hurt your team
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Questi4110 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:08 pm

i can trae him for tomlinson...the guy already agreed...should i do it?
Questi4110
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:39 am

Nope, It isnt Alexander's fault his numbers are down. Yes, they have played some tough opponents, but Seattle has been plagued by injuries.
If you are not willing to wait on Alexander putting up the numbers, then trade. Tomlinson is not half the back Alexander is. Tomlinson will struggle this year. Ask yourself why he would accept trade. Maybe he knows something you dont.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk