Bang Cartoon: Super Bowl-A-Rama - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bang Cartoon: Super Bowl-A-Rama

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MeShawn » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:14 am

Yea, making fun of Emmitt isn't cool, espcially when it drags on and on. But the rest was pretty funny, espcially Freddie Mitchell and Vandy.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:06 pm

for some reason it doesnt come up for me...just the little white box with the red X in the middle of it :~(
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lord Zor » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:42 pm

I am not about to tell anyone what to think of our cartoons. I am thrilled for every person who takes the time to watch them. But I did want to address making fun of Emmitt. We will never put anyone off limits. Well, except maybe Portis, haha...at least not until after his check clears. :-) But no one is off limits ever. I am the biggest Cowboys fan on the planet. Funny isn't it...a Dallas fan and a Washington fan doing this stuff together? Anyway, we have ripped on the Skins and Boys as much as anyone. When they deserve it, they deserve it. I love Emmitt, but i think he thanked every single player who ever set foot in Valley Ranch. It went on forever.

Now then, I think my favorite part of this cartoon was the TO scene....ESPN had said they heard TO was using voodoo to get healed, so we ran with that. But, that part originally was only 45 seconds long. That was going to be our toon on Fox. They rejected it because they felt "it was too racey." UGH! So then we had to make something more tame, so we did the Freddie doll. When that got bumped, we did Emmitt, put the 3 together, and there it is. Now maybe that is why it didn't seem like a typical Bang Cartoon. Because it wasnt a fully planned out cartoon like most of them are. Sorry to those who were disappointed.
Lord Zor
aka Tom Lacks
Bang Productions
Lord Zor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:03 am

Lord Zor wrote:I am not about to tell anyone what to think of our cartoons. I am thrilled for every person who takes the time to watch them. But I did want to address making fun of Emmitt. We will never put anyone off limits. Well, except maybe Portis, haha...at least not until after his check clears. :-) But no one is off limits ever. I am the biggest Cowboys fan on the planet. Funny isn't it...a Dallas fan and a Washington fan doing this stuff together? Anyway, we have ripped on the Skins and Boys as much as anyone. When they deserve it, they deserve it. I love Emmitt, but i think he thanked every single player who ever set foot in Valley Ranch. It went on forever.

Now then, I think my favorite part of this cartoon was the TO scene....ESPN had said they heard TO was using voodoo to get healed, so we ran with that. But, that part originally was only 45 seconds long. That was going to be our toon on Fox. They rejected it because they felt "it was too racey." UGH! So then we had to make something more tame, so we did the Freddie doll. When that got bumped, we did Emmitt, put the 3 together, and there it is. Now maybe that is why it didn't seem like a typical Bang Cartoon. Because it wasnt a fully planned out cartoon like most of them are. Sorry to those who were disappointed.

Don't get me wrong.. I love the cartoons. I watch everyone, and have viewed all the archieves. And I also realize that they make fun of everyone (the Brunell one is among my favorites... and I love Brunell).

I just think the Emmitt cartoon could have waited a week or so before being posted. One day after his retirement... the wounds are still open. Wait until they heal first... ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:48 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Lord Zor wrote:I am not about to tell anyone what to think of our cartoons. I am thrilled for every person who takes the time to watch them. But I did want to address making fun of Emmitt. We will never put anyone off limits. Well, except maybe Portis, haha...at least not until after his check clears. :-) But no one is off limits ever. I am the biggest Cowboys fan on the planet. Funny isn't it...a Dallas fan and a Washington fan doing this stuff together? Anyway, we have ripped on the Skins and Boys as much as anyone. When they deserve it, they deserve it. I love Emmitt, but i think he thanked every single player who ever set foot in Valley Ranch. It went on forever.

Don't get me wrong.. I love the cartoons. I watch everyone, and have viewed all the archieves. And I also realize that they make fun of everyone (the Brunell one is among my favorites... and I love Brunell).

I just think the Emmitt cartoon could have waited a week or so before being posted. One day after his retirement... the wounds are still open. Wait until they heal first... ;-D

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, but werent those wounds opened when he left Dallas two years ago?

It just doesnt seem to me thats something that would offend anyone. But I know how sensitive you Boys fans are. :-b ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:06 pm

the wounds were reopened after Emmitt resigned and retired, alright?

And you're right... we really are overly-sensitive about that sort of thing...

by the way, Terp... just when IS Monk going to Canton? :-b

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:12 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:the wounds were reopened after Emmitt resigned and retired, alright?

And you're right... we really are overly-sensitive about that sort of thing...

by the way, Terp... just when IS Monk going to Canton? :-b

Probably about the time it will take Irvin to get there. ;-7
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:41 pm

I don't see how Smith retiring after two years in Arizona and Monk getting screwed out of the HOF are similiar... (if that's what you are implying, perhaps I misread it)

I doubt Emmitt will have any trouble getting in.

And if Irvin gets in before Monk.... :-# :-/
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:31 pm

Naw... I was just poking fun at the fact that Redskins fans get heated up (don't get me wrong... rightfully so) about Monk not in the HOF the same way we get bothered about Emmitt (well...maybe not as much... ;-) ).

As for Irvin... :-t . I could care less if he gets in or not. I was more of an Alvin Harper fan anyways... not as good, but the guy had character... (too bad he went to Tampa... then Washington)

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk