Don't Forget to Record the Game! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Don't Forget to Record the Game!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MCG321 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:14 pm

It's sad that you're so weak that you won't be able to admit that the Pats genuinely lost (if they do), so you have to start prepping your excuse before the game. Grow up.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Don't Forget to Record the Game!

Postby maddog60 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:25 pm

bagobonez wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Don't forget to record the game, that way when I post my first "Refs 7, Patriots 0" thread, everyone can look back and see that the refs actually DID screw New England.

;-D

Thought NE was gonna win 35-17? How could the refs possibly screw them if you're right about them destroying the Eagles?

If the game goes as it SHOULD, the Patriots will win by at least 2 TD's. But I think we all know how the refs have a tendency to make things go differently than they SHOULD.

So in layman's terms, you've already got a made-up excuse prepared so that if your prediction that the Pats win doesn't pan out, you can claim you were still right? God that's a little pathetic don't you think? Stick to your guns and admit when you're wrong if your prediction isn't right.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:06 pm

bagobonez wrote:I'll be watching the game with notepad in hand. I'll write down the quarter, the time, the down, the distance, the penalty called, etc.

Sounds like a pathetic way to watch a game bag~o~wind "there did you see that!? Those refs! I told you they would...blah blah Where's my blankie?"

Were you so quick to point out the penalties not called in the Colts game last year?

Lighten up Francis, and enjoy the game. The refs won't decide it, the players will.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Manja » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:10 pm

Lighten up Francis,

I love Stripes. One hilarious movie.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MCG321 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:11 pm

moochman wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I'll be watching the game with notepad in hand. I'll write down the quarter, the time, the down, the distance, the penalty called, etc.

Sounds like a pathetic way to watch a game bag~o~wind "there did you see that!? Those refs! I told you they would...blah blah Where's my blankie?"

Were you so quick to point out the penalties not called in the Colts game last year?

Lighten up Francis, and enjoy the game. The refs won't decide it, the players will.

Yeah, I know I'll be enjoying the game with my friends, some great food and drinks, and a big TV. I'm not wasting the biggest game of the year cramped up with a notebook, being sure to write down every aspect of every penalty.

But, if that's how you have fun...uh....well, I was planning on saying something positive, but that's about as far as I could get.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:19 pm

You are quite welcome to your opinion, bagobonez...it is a free country and a relatively free board. And you are right about not reading your posts if members don't like your opinion. More importantly, members can also not reply if they don't like your opinion. ;-)

Personally, I view certain posts like I view some random protestor standing out in the middle of the street saying "I don't like this" holding signs or blocking the way of traffic or whatever...would you normally go up to those people, confront them, and make the protestor more vocal (as you aren't going to change his mind), or would you just briefly glance, say "what the heck is he doing," and go about your business like nothing is happening?

I know what I choose, but I know others like to feed flames. :-C The Super Bowl is a culmination of the NFL season, and it should be enjoyed with food, drinks, and friends...not notepads, combs, and magnifying glasses. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:52 pm

just wanted to say..thats a sweet sig MB ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:57 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:just wanted to say..thats a sweet sig MB ;-D

Thanks...it seems to be getting more attention than my previous signature featuring super-ref Johnny Grier... :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:03 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:You are quite welcome to your opinion, bagobonez...it is a free country and a relatively free board. And you are right about not reading your posts if members don't like your opinion. More importantly, members can also not reply if they don't like your opinion. ;-)

Personally, I view certain posts like I view some random protestor standing out in the middle of the street saying "I don't like this" holding signs or blocking the way of traffic or whatever...would you normally go up to those people, confront them, and make the protestor more vocal (as you aren't going to change his mind), or would you just briefly glance, say "what the heck is he doing," and go about your business like nothing is happening?

I agree with you in theory, Mercer.

But a more appropriate analogy is that instead of a random protestor along side the road holding up a sign that says "Don't vote for Bush," that protestor is standing in the middle of the highway with an outrageous sign that reads "John Kerry killed John F. Kennedy." The protestor is blocking rush hour traffic and causing ten-car pileups and horrendous accidents. He's backing up traffic for miles and clogging the side roads all over the town that make up the road network. And every time a new road gets built, this protestor appears and causes another accident again.

This is not a "freedom of speech" and "ignore it if you don't like it" issue. This is a guy determined to cause as much trouble as he can.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:41 pm

If bagobonez posts actually offend you guys, you have some serious issues. He is entitled to his opinion. I enjoy having someone on the other end of the spectrum. If everyone agreed, there would be no room for discussion. I dont agree with the whole conspiracy deal, but its interesting to hear what other people are thinking. Lighten up guys. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting