The official "refs screwing the Patriots" thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

The official "refs screwing the Patriots" thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:14 pm

No doubter pick on the very next play...McNabb is throwing some lobs today. :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:14 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:trust me, the replay showed that it was defientely illegal contact. the eagles got lucky though.

You're right, I didn't think they were going to show the replay because they didn't show it before teh commercial break. That was a correct call.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:24 pm

Gimme a break. His knee was down for a fraction of a second and was easily confused with his next football move which was skirting off and away from the blitz.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:28 pm

this game has been sooo defensive. punt after punt after punt. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 3-0 in the end. each team is doing great at stopping the run, esp the pats. the eagles have been forced to pass a lot.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:34 pm

I couldnt tell his knee was down, there was deffinitly illegal contact, and why am i even wasting my time reading this thread.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:35 pm

On the play where PInkston caught the 40 yard pass, which essentially got Philly's first TD, Tra Thomas blatantly blocked Richard Seymour in the back. Seymour was breathing down McNabb's neck, so Tra Thomas simply blocked him in teh back. No call. Result of the play: 40 yard pass to Pinkston, setting the Eagles up to score their first TD.

Don't believe me, rewind the game when it's over. It was at roughly 11:20 in the 2nd quarter.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:52 pm

Why are the refs so quick to award Philly with the fumble recovery just because Darwin Walker came up with it after 30 minutes of fighting under the pile? If anything, Tom Brady had more possession of it than anyone else when the first Eagle touched him.

And why are the refs so quick to not see McNabb's knee down when he was sacked, and then fumbled?

And why are the refs so quick to not see Givens' knee down on Givens' fumble?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:53 pm

You're trolling.

I'm considering locking this tread. Keep it up.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:57 pm

awwchrist wrote:You're trolling.

What's trolling? I'm not trying to be smart, I honestly don't know what that is. Let me know what it is and I'll stop, honestly.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:00 pm

bagobonez wrote:
awwchrist wrote:You're trolling.

What's trolling? I'm not trying to be smart, I honestly don't know what that is. Let me know what it is and I'll stop, honestly.

Wikipedia.com wrote:
An internet troll is a person who sends duplicitous messages hoping to get angry responses, or a message sent by such a person. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" and ultimately from trolling for fish. Its use, refering to unwanted internet posts, originated on usenet. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates or gadflies or culture jammers, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are trolling in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true Devil's Advocates generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling in order to fight groupthink.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to the fundamental attribution error, as it is impossible to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal.

To take a page from The Cuna, "Methinks aww is correct." :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting