The official "refs screwing the Patriots" thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

The official "refs screwing the Patriots" thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:03 pm

You're not trying to have a discussion. You're trying to incite a an arguementative response. Any questionable play in game and you're on this thread bantering.

You can't argue the Brady fumble. Whomever has it by the time the refs get there, wins. That's universal football knowledge. Hell the Eagle player ran 30 yards downfield even while the refs were still pulling people off.

Yet you still want to bemoan it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:14 pm

I'm surprised that bagobonez hasn't mentioned the 'pick' that was set for TO, causing for two Eagles receivers to be taken out of the play.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:15 pm

I just don't understand why the refs find it inconceivable for any call to go against the Eagles unless a challenge flag is thrown.

Look at the major plays of the first half so far. McNabb's gets sacked, yet the ref doesn't see his knee down. If McNabb had completed a long pass instead of fumbling, New England would have been screwed because that's an unchallengable play if I'm not mistaken.

On Givens' fumble, his knee was down for at least 5 seconds before he fumbled, yet the refs can't see this for some strange reason, and furthermore they let the Eagle get up and run with it even though Givens was rubbing all over him after the supposed fumble. The Patriots had to throw a challenge flag to keep themselves from getting the shaft.

I'm not trying to be a "troll" I'm just genuinely upset about the way the refs have Eagle-green colored sunglasses on this whole game so far (although I shouldn't be surprised)

Why haven't there been any strange calls that have gone AGAINST the Eagles that the Eagles have to challenge in order to keep THEMSELVES from being screwed?

I'm not "trolling" I'm really not. These are legitimate complaints if you ask me.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:22 pm

Manja wrote:I'm surprised that bagobonez hasn't mentioned the 'pick' that was set for TO, causing for two Eagles receivers to be taken out of the play.

totally! I thought that was a terrible call. Just missed though, not some big conspiracy.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:22 pm

Considering that all of the plays have been correctly called, regardless of before or after a challenge, there's just not a lot of "getting screwed" going on.

So tell me again why this thread needs to be open? Seems self-indulging if you ask me.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting