You call that a coin toss? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

You call that a coin toss?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:06 am

When that kid gets home, the first thing his father is going to teach him; is how to flip a coin. :-D

Make a fist or a thumbs up gesture with your hand.

Put your thumb inside your fist, under your pointing finger.

Then, Place the coin on top of your index finger.

Balancing it.

Finally flick your thumb up hitting and spinning the coin. Making your thumb point upwards.

Step back and watch son.

Next lesson. " How to catch a flipped coin." :-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:44 am

Yeah I did notice it...That was pretty awkward...McNabb looked like he was going to tackle that kid for a second there. Just looked funny like he tripped over a camera or something.

Too bad or the kid. His 15 seconds of fame, and he duds the coin toss. But that is pretty cool for the kid!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:46 pm

this thread is full of laughs!!! ;-D :-) ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: You call that a coin toss?

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:59 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Did you see that little kid...the kid couldnt even make the coin spin once...the toss shoulda been done again but i dont really care since i would rather have the Pats win

OK, I completely missed the exciting coin toss. Who was this kid anyway? Was he disabled? How old was he?
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:46 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Did you see that little kid...the kid couldnt even make the coin spin once...the toss shoulda been done again but i dont really care since i would rather have the Pats win

OK, I completely missed the exciting coin toss. Who was this kid anyway? Was he disabled? How old was he?

7 years old, looked perfectly healthy to me. He kind of just thrusted the coin in the air, didn't really make an attempt to flip it. It only flipped when it hit the ground. But seriously guys, he's only 7, cut him a damn break.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:00 pm

yeah the coin was pretty big, almost as big as his clutched hand...he might not have had enough thumb strength to flip it. he needs to start eating his spinach :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:00 pm

I'm actually going to give the kid extra credit and say he was pulling a Wakefield intentionally.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:17 am

joshyboy72 wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:

7 years old, looked perfectly healthy to me. He kind of just thrusted the coin in the air, didn't really make an attempt to flip it. It only flipped when it hit the ground. But seriously guys, he's only 7, cut him a damn break.

Absolutely not disabled. He was one of four kids representing the Pop warner leagues across the country.

As for the coin toss.

The ref put the coin in his palm. Flat. The ref said flip it. The kid simply jolted his had up with NO FOLLOW THROUGH. The coin got exactly 12 inches of air above his hand. NO spin. You could practically see the impression of the heads symbol.

I was expecting it to fly up at least above the kids head and so did the players. Everybody was ready to follow the coin into the sky. Instead it dropped like a knuckler.

The coin had half a seconds woth of hang time. Did not turn over until it hit the ground. So technically the coin did flip. But only because it hit the ground.

Instant classic.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TitaniumTitan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:09 am

Cut the kid some slack, hes a little kid. I mean, it is pretty hard to flip a coin.. :-B

Thanks Joshy and CrimDogg for there awesome sigs.
TitaniumTitan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: In the future, five years ahead. When the Titans actually win the superbowl..

Postby aercus » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:24 pm

......little late on that post huh. Like 6 months.
aercus
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting