Randy Moss officially on the trading block - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss officially on the trading block

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss officially on the trading block

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:21 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1985687

It should be an interesting offseason.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:25 pm

I'd be really shocked to see him go to Baltimore. Right now I'd have to say he'll end up in Oakland, that's just my gut feeling. However I could see him coming to the Jets, because Randy Moss played college ball with Pennington. But Pennington's long ball is pretty lousy, I don't know how much of a fit Moss would be in that offense.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:33 pm

I was thinking the same thing Joshboy. I think Moss would get frustrated with Boller and it could be a disaster.

The Pennington to Moss combo was pretty potent in college so his deep ball must not be too bad.

He would be a good fit in Oakland. If Porter stays a Moss, Porter, Curry combo would be pretty potent with Collins strong arm.

I can't wait until free agency too. At least there will be enough going on this summer to keep us Fantasy nuts more active than usual.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby s0meguy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:22 pm

My guess is he goes to KC and Kennison gets moved to #2 and Dante Hall is in the slot. Once again, the KC offence is one of the best in the league and they miss the playoffs because their defence is comparable to that of most college teams.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:44 pm

Randy Moss will not be traded while Red McCombs is in the midst of trading the franchise. End of story. He loses around $50,000,000, as far as the franchise worth goes, by trading Randy.

Unless selling the franchise has dramatically decreased, Randy Moss will not be traded in the immediate future.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:49 pm

s0meguy wrote:My guess is he goes to KC and Kennison gets moved to #2 and Dante Hall is in the slot. Once again, the KC offence is one of the best in the league and they miss the playoffs because their defence is comparable to that of most college teams.

Aww stop teasing me that would be a great fit and a dream

Anyway I think he will end up in Balitmore apparently there putting up the big bucks for a big name reciever ( See Owens) Not that it will be a good fit for Moss but I see that being the most probable. I wonder how much Bollers numbers would go up with the Super Freak.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ravage » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Randy Moss will not be traded while Red McCombs is in the midst of trading the franchise. End of story. He loses around $50,000,000, as far as the franchise worth goes, by trading Randy.

Unless selling the franchise has dramatically decreased, Randy Moss will not be traded in the immediate future.

Read the article. McCombs gave the go ahead. That is much further than Minny has gone before. He may not leave but this time they are serious.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:01 pm

i dont know about the raiders. someone like randy will want to play for a contender. i can see the jets or the ravens....hopefully the jets.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:11 pm

Please please please please please please please please please!!!!!! Pennington to Moss #1...Pennington to Moss #2...Music to my ears!!
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby warrick95 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:17 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:Randy Moss will not be traded while Red McCombs is in the midst of trading the franchise. End of story. He loses around $50,000,000, as far as the franchise worth goes, by trading Randy.

I agree. I still don't see Randy Moss to be a huge problem. Sure, he's a small distraction here or there, but he helps a LOT on the field. I can live with all the crap, personally.

They have to get that defense patched up. When they do, they'll be able to compete. At this point, after Kevin Williams, Antoine Winfield, and perhaps the inconsistent EJ Henderson, they're patched up worse than (if I tried, that is) my attempts at a quilt.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Next

Return to Football Talk