Randy Moss officially on the trading block - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss officially on the trading block

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Evolution » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:05 am

I just dont see any team giving in to the asking price that Minny is asking for. Look at how much it would have cost for a team to add Terrell Owens last year (granted, he basically hand-picked where he wanted to play, but you can make a good argument that Moss will do so too).

I really dont know if I'd offer anything more than a defensive starter and a first round pick for the guy. I think you'd see teams try and sign a guy like Muhammad BEFORE resorting to the Moss option simply because they would not have to subtract from their roster to do so.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:13 am

Trade prediction... Charles Woodson and a 1st rounder.

he will go to Oakland because they have such a high draft pick. And with that pick, Minny can get Thomas Jones. It will happen... just watch.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:18 am

From a football standpoint, I think Baltimore has the most realistic shot at Moss. They have the most to give (defensiveley) and the most to gain (offensiveley) from the deal.

From a fantasy standpoint, I hope that deal doesn't work. I think Moss' value decreases big time in Baltimore and I'd hate to see the potent Baltimore defense lose anyone.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:24 am

My gut says the Ravens get him to help out Boller and the offense TREMENDOUSLY. Boller wouldn't have to worry too much about accuracy throwing to Moss and defenses wouldn't be able to stack the line every down like they do now. And they have defensive players to spare in a trade. However...

I will be fairly shocked if Al Davis doesn't get Moss. He's got to be drooling at the prospect of having arguably the best WR (2nd best at worst) on his team. He loves the vertical game and Collins to Moss would be potent. I think he'll outbid the Ravens using the #1 and I can also see Woodson involved.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:47 am

Thank the football gods that I didn't draft moss or cpepp in my early draft. Whew. ;-D
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Cooner » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:43 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:Thank the football gods that I didn't draft moss or cpepp in my early draft. Whew. ;-D

i don't know if cpepp's value drops all that much without him to be honest. I mean, assuming the QB craze this season was an aberration, CPepp is still a solid pick with great options in Burhle and MRob, plus Wiggins (he needs to be re-signed, correct?) and Moe. I don't see CPepp losing that much value next season without Moss (though he may drop a bit in drafts...)
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:54 pm

Cooner wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:Thank the football gods that I didn't draft moss or cpepp in my early draft. Whew. ;-D

i don't know if cpepp's value drops all that much without him to be honest. I mean, assuming the QB craze this season was an aberration, CPepp is still a solid pick with great options in Burhle and MRob, plus Wiggins (he needs to be re-signed, correct?) and Moe. I don't see CPepp losing that much value next season without Moss (though he may drop a bit in drafts...)

Culpepper's numbers definitely suffered this year without Moss. Let's not forget it was Daunte Culpepper, NOT Peyton Manning that everyone was talking about breaking the TD record in the early-mid part of the year. Then Moss got hurt and Culpepper fell way behind.

As for Oakland, haven't there been rumors running rampant around the net of a Phillip Buchanon + #7 overall pick for Moss trade?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Calyxes » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:03 pm

We would be happy to give him Rogers and the Number 10 pick here in Det
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:20 pm

Enough already, I'm not going to believe anything by the national media anymore in regards to the Vikings. First they screwed up the Culpepper story with the kid and Daunte's jewelry. Now they are messing with Moss and this trade junk. At this point it simply is not true what was reported at the top of this thread. Read the following article in today's Minneapolis paper:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5225920.html

Last update: February 7, 2005 at 4:59 AM
No Moss trade talk yet again
Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
February 7, 2005 VIKE0207

Pulte Homes

JACKSONVILLE, FLA. -- As discussions with Arizona entrepreneur Reggie Fowler entered a critical timing stage, the Vikings issued another round of exasperated denials of another national report regarding the future of receiver Randy Moss.

Owner Red McCombs, vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski and Dante DiTrapano, Moss' agent, all said the critical portion of ESPN's report -- that McCombs gave Brzezinski permission to shop Moss last week -- never happened. McCombs, in fact, has been conducting daily discussions with Fowler's staff in an attempt to sell the franchise soon after Super Bowl XXXIX, which was Sunday.

In a brief interview from his home in San Antonio, McCombs said he has not authorized any trade discussions for Moss. And while the team likely will entertain offers once the trading period begins March 2, Brzezinski said there have been no discussions, either with McCombs or other NFL teams.

"I don't know why this thing keeps being brought up," Brzezinski said. "It hasn't even been discussed at all."

DiTrapano confirmed Brzezinski's version of the situation. DiTrapano acknowledged he has spoken with Brzezinski this offseason but that they agreed to postpone any potential trade discussions until later this offseason. DiTrapano also said he has not asked permission to shop Moss himself.

"There's nothing going on that I know about," he said.

The Vikings sought three first-round draft picks from teams that inquired about Moss last season, and even after a season in which he missed most of five games because of a strained right hamstring, his price tag will remain high this offseason. The team almost certainly will seek two first-round picks and a starting player in order for serious discussions to begin.

Should the Vikings become active in trade discussions, Baltimore and Oakland are considered two of the most interested bidders for Moss' services.

Meanwhile, Fowler's exclusive negotiating rights with McCombs, believed to be for 30 days, will reach its midpoint today. Some have speculated that McCombs will attempt to either complete a deal with Fowler or move on to other offseason business this week.

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has said he will be ready to act if Fowler is unable to purchase the team. Taylor, however, has been unwilling to meet McCombs' $600-plus million price tag.

Staff Writer Sid Hartman contributed to this report. Kevin Seifert is at mailto:kseifert@startribune.com.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:26 pm

Baltimore has the gratest chance of getting him IMO. He would be a nice fit on the Jets and Radiers though. If he went to the Raiders, they would have one of the best receiving corps in the NFl, after the colts.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk