Randy Moss officially on the trading block - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss officially on the trading block

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:15 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Cooner wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:Thank the football gods that I didn't draft moss or cpepp in my early draft. Whew. ;-D

i don't know if cpepp's value drops all that much without him to be honest. I mean, assuming the QB craze this season was an aberration, CPepp is still a solid pick with great options in Burhle and MRob, plus Wiggins (he needs to be re-signed, correct?) and Moe. I don't see CPepp losing that much value next season without Moss (though he may drop a bit in drafts...)

Culpepper's numbers definitely suffered this year without Moss. Let's not forget it was Daunte Culpepper, NOT Peyton Manning that everyone was talking about breaking the TD record in the early-mid part of the year. Then Moss got hurt and Culpepper fell way behind.

As for Oakland, haven't there been rumors running rampant around the net of a Phillip Buchanon + #7 overall pick for Moss trade?

yeah, the talk has been about BUchanon, not Woodson ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vdragon78 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:29 pm

if the Jets can package Abraham and a 2nd rounder for Moss, that would be an excellent deal for them...

the money should be fairly close, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of that whiny bitch
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:35 pm

vdragon78 wrote:if the Jets can package Abraham and a 2nd rounder for Moss, that would be an excellent deal for them...

the money should be fairly close, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of that whiny bitch

Excellent deal? If you mean for the Jets, I agree. If you mean for the Vikes I don't. Randy Moss is in most people's opinion the best WR in the NFL, he is only 27 years old, has the best stats of any WR in history (including Rice) for his first seven years in the league. How can a 2nd round pick and an aging, average defensive back be just compensation? Frankly, if the Vikings would do that it might be the final straw for me being a Vikings fan!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:38 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Baltimore has the gratest chance of getting him IMO. He would be a nice fit on the Jets and Radiers though. If he went to the Raiders, they would have one of the best receiving corps in the NFl, after the colts.

You wish...I'd be really shocked if he went there. Although I can see why you'd want him, being a Ravens fan and all. Eh it's close but I'd still think Oakland has the best shot right now.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby vdragon78 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:40 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:
vdragon78 wrote:if the Jets can package Abraham and a 2nd rounder for Moss, that would be an excellent deal for them...

Excellent deal???!!! Randy Moss is in most people's opinion the best WR in the NFL, he is only 27 years old, has the best stats of any WR in history (including Rice) for his first seven years in the league. How can a 2nd round pick and an aging, average defensive back be just compensation? Frankly, if the Vikings would do that it might be the final straw for me being a Vikings fan!

John Abraham is 26, he's entering his prime, and he is one of the best pass rushers in the game. And i meant to say 1st rounder -- my bad.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Trade prediction... Charles Woodson and a 1st rounder.

he will go to Oakland because they have such a high draft pick. And with that pick, Minny can get Thomas Jones. It will happen... just watch.

Thomas Jones? Are you trying to compare a college running back to Thomas Jones? Or do you mena Thomas Davis?

Thomas Davis or derrick johnson would be wise selections for minnie if they made the moss for woodson and a first rounder deal
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:25 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Trade prediction... Charles Woodson and a 1st rounder.

he will go to Oakland because they have such a high draft pick. And with that pick, Minny can get Thomas Jones. It will happen... just watch.

Thomas Jones? Are you trying to compare a college running back to Thomas Jones? Or do you mena Thomas Davis?

Thomas Davis or derrick johnson would be wise selections for minnie if they made the moss for woodson and a first rounder deal

Davis... that's what I meant. My bad... I was slightly inebriated last night. But I doubt DJ will last until the 7th pick. In my opinion, he'll go to Cleveland. So Davis, if he goes to Minny, will be an impact player from the get go.

Because Minny needs an impact player on defense (or two...), Oakland would be ripe for a trade to Minny for Moss.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:32 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:Baltimore has the gratest chance of getting him IMO. He would be a nice fit on the Jets and Radiers though. If he went to the Raiders, they would have one of the best receiving corps in the NFl, after the colts.

You wish...I'd be really shocked if he went there. Although I can see why you'd want him, being a Ravens fan and all. Eh it's close but I'd still think Oakland has the best shot right now.

baltimore has some players that would interest the vikings, liek reed, suggs, lewis, or mcallister.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:38 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:From a football standpoint, I think Baltimore has the most realistic shot at Moss. They have the most to give (defensiveley) and the most to gain (offensiveley) from the deal.

From a fantasy standpoint, I hope that deal doesn't work. I think Moss' value decreases big time in Baltimore and I'd hate to see the potent Baltimore defense lose anyone.

I agree with this. If he goes anywhere I think it's Baltimore. They already want a top tier WR as evidenced by the T.O fiasco last year. Not to mention Moss would be re-united with ex-Vikes O-Coordianor Brian Billick. Seems logical.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:44 pm

Wow, the Vikings have some real geniuses up there in the front office ;-7 . Its Randy Moss's fault the defense blows! Don't they realize that Culpepper isn't nearly as good without him? They would be stupid to trade him. Just get DEF FA and rookies. Trade one of the backs for defense, but its just stupid to trade him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk