Randy Moss officially on the trading block - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss officially on the trading block

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:20 pm

vdragon78 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote:
vdragon78 wrote:if the Jets can package Abraham and a 2nd rounder for Moss, that would be an excellent deal for them...

the money should be fairly close, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of that whiny bitch



Excellent deal???!!! Randy Moss is in most people's opinion the best WR in the NFL, he is only 27 years old, has the best stats of any WR in history (including Rice) for his first seven years in the league. How can a 2nd round pick and an aging, average defensive back be just compensation? Frankly, if the Vikings would do that it might be the final straw for me being a Vikings fan!



John Abraham is 26, he's entering his prime, and he is one of the best pass rushers in the game. And i meant to say 1st rounder -- my bad.


John Abraham would be more valuable to the vikings than anyone they could get from the raiders. Abraham, like vdragon said, is just entering his prime. He is extremely quick and will be one of the top 5 DE's in football next year, if not top 3.

+ the 26th pick in the draft, and I'd say thats a pretty good deal for the vikings. They can then draft a corner, like Carlos Rogers, and will be better off than they were with Moss, who obviously has caused quite a bit of turmoil in minnesota.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:10 pm

DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
vdragon78 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote:
vdragon78 wrote:if the Jets can package Abraham and a 2nd rounder for Moss, that would be an excellent deal for them...

the money should be fairly close, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of that whiny bitch



Excellent deal???!!! Randy Moss is in most people's opinion the best WR in the NFL, he is only 27 years old, has the best stats of any WR in history (including Rice) for his first seven years in the league. How can a 2nd round pick and an aging, average defensive back be just compensation? Frankly, if the Vikings would do that it might be the final straw for me being a Vikings fan!



John Abraham is 26, he's entering his prime, and he is one of the best pass rushers in the game. And i meant to say 1st rounder -- my bad.


John Abraham would be more valuable to the vikings than anyone they could get from the raiders. Abraham, like vdragon said, is just entering his prime. He is extremely quick and will be one of the top 5 DE's in football next year, if not top 3.

+ the 26th pick in the draft, and I'd say thats a pretty good deal for the vikings. They can then draft a corner, like Carlos Rogers, and will be better off than they were with Moss, who obviously has caused quite a bit of turmoil in minnesota.


We already have invested money in udeze, we need LBs
Image

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 982
Joined: 11 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:52 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Wow, the Vikings have some real geniuses up there in the front office ;-7 . Its Randy Moss's fault the defense blows! Don't they realize that Culpepper isn't nearly as good without him? They would be stupid to trade him. Just get DEF FA and rookies. Trade one of the backs for defense, but its just stupid to trade him.



Exactly my feelings, Sweetness. Are you sure you're a Bears fan being that you're so supportive of common sense on this Vikings issue!! LOL. There are plenty of good to great defensive free agents out there and the Vikings are substantially under the cap. Their glaring weakness is at LB and they could have picked up Trotter last year who was a FA. How good would he have looked this year in a Viking uniform.

To VDragon78: You are right about Abrams, sorry I was thinking of the wrong guy, not your stud Defensive Lineman. A little post Super Bowl lapse there. I still don't like the deal though since Defensive linemen aren't what the Vikings need.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 305
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Corey Chavous' Hometown

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:26 pm

Vikes Rule 88 wrote:
DisgruntledJetsFan wrote:
vdragon78 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote:
vdragon78 wrote:if the Jets can package Abraham and a 2nd rounder for Moss, that would be an excellent deal for them...

the money should be fairly close, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting rid of that whiny bitch



Excellent deal???!!! Randy Moss is in most people's opinion the best WR in the NFL, he is only 27 years old, has the best stats of any WR in history (including Rice) for his first seven years in the league. How can a 2nd round pick and an aging, average defensive back be just compensation? Frankly, if the Vikings would do that it might be the final straw for me being a Vikings fan!



John Abraham is 26, he's entering his prime, and he is one of the best pass rushers in the game. And i meant to say 1st rounder -- my bad.


John Abraham would be more valuable to the vikings than anyone they could get from the raiders. Abraham, like vdragon said, is just entering his prime. He is extremely quick and will be one of the top 5 DE's in football next year, if not top 3.

+ the 26th pick in the draft, and I'd say thats a pretty good deal for the vikings. They can then draft a corner, like Carlos Rogers, and will be better off than they were with Moss, who obviously has caused quite a bit of turmoil in minnesota.


We already have invested money in udeze, we need LBs


John Abraham played LB in college, and he is mighty fast ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:26 pm

Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has vehemently denied the team is attempting to trade WR Randy Moss this offseason. "We're not trading him," Tice said. "He's not on the trading block. We've received no calls. We're not trying to shop him or any of our running backs, either." (KFFL )
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 68)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:05 am

hmm. I think Moss has the most value in Minnesota. Daunte puts up insane passng numbers, and the cast around him is good enough to take some of the pressure off. If I owned Randy Moss, I would take this as good news. But then again, Tice hasnt been to honest with the media in the past.
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:40 am

The Lung wrote:
Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has vehemently denied the team is attempting to trade WR Randy Moss this offseason. "We're not trading him," Tice said. "He's not on the trading block. We've received no calls. We're not trying to shop him or any of our running backs, either." (KFFL )


Why not? Are you stupid!? I don't see the need to have 4 solid RBs on the roster at the same time. Depth is nice, but c'mon. I'd at least shop Williams and Moore.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:11 am

kevinoc81 wrote:
The Lung wrote:
Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has vehemently denied the team is attempting to trade WR Randy Moss this offseason. "We're not trading him," Tice said. "He's not on the trading block. We've received no calls. We're not trying to shop him or any of our running backs, either." (KFFL )


Why not? Are you stupid!? I don't see the need to have 4 solid RBs on the roster at the same time. Depth is nice, but c'mon. I'd at least shop Williams and Moore.


You would think that maybe they would try to deal for defensive help,seeing as how the offense is so loaded right?At least,that's what smart teams do.But,if you want to continue putting up 35 points a game and losing because you gave up 38,that's fine by me.In fact,I support you 100 percent.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:16 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
The Lung wrote:
Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has vehemently denied the team is attempting to trade WR Randy Moss this offseason. "We're not trading him," Tice said. "He's not on the trading block. We've received no calls. We're not trying to shop him or any of our running backs, either." (KFFL )


Why not? Are you stupid!? I don't see the need to have 4 solid RBs on the roster at the same time. Depth is nice, but c'mon. I'd at least shop Williams and Moore.


The quote is from Mike Tice, so the answer is probably a resounding Yes.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:53 pm

maddog60 wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:
The Lung wrote:
Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice has vehemently denied the team is attempting to trade WR Randy Moss this offseason. "We're not trading him," Tice said. "He's not on the trading block. We've received no calls. We're not trying to shop him or any of our running backs, either." (KFFL )


Why not? Are you stupid!? I don't see the need to have 4 solid RBs on the roster at the same time. Depth is nice, but c'mon. I'd at least shop Williams and Moore.


The quote is from Mike Tice, so the answer is probably a resounding Yes.


Mike Tice really isn't very respected is he?He gets alot of guff(likely deservedly so),and not just from the Cafe.Is it time for them to go in a different direction?I mean,he says they are not shopping Moss,then a few days later the news breaks.It would be wise to keep quiet and be thought a fool,than to speak and remove all doubt.(something I know a bit about!)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:39 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact