I commend the Philadelphia Eagles. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I commend the Philadelphia Eagles.

Moderator: Football Moderators

I commend the Philadelphia Eagles.

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:20 pm

Yes, you heard me, I commend the Eagles. They played a much better game than I thought they would. I also commend Terrell Owens. What he did tonight was nothing short of spectacular. Even though I'm glad Philly lost, I wish T.O. would have scored so we would have seen what he had up his sleeve for a TD celebration.

What a great game it was. And there was even only one call by the refs (actually it was a no call) that I thought significantly helped the Eagles.

As good of a game as Donovan had, his three interceptions cost the Eagles the game. Maybe next year, McNabb.

GO PATRIOTS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:22 pm

thanks, I never ever thought you would say that.

it sucks, but I was right in that the eagles wouldn't get worked.

who knows if donovan didn't throw that stupid jittery pass in the first half. those three points ended up being killer.

wasted two enemy oppiositon possesions.

at least there was no doubt who the two best teams were.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:23 pm

yeah pretty good game by both teams, although the coaching in the end of the game was lacking for the eagles. TO was very impressive...mcnabb might have put up decent numbers, but didnt impress me at all...he looked pretty bad. anyways...congrats pats ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:25 pm

A classy, if rare, post. I was afraid you were going to start talking trash even if it was close. Im glad you didnt.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:36 pm

Hey, I saw a pretty fair game as far as the refereeing was concerned, and the Eagles played their hearts out. I give them credit for hanging with what appears to be an unbeatable team.

Unfortunately I am now saddened that football season is over. Which particular forum does everyone hang out in in the off-season?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:36 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:yeah pretty good game by both teams, although the coaching in the end of the game was lacking for the eagles. TO was very impressive...mcnabb might have put up decent numbers, but didnt impress me at all...he looked pretty bad. anyways...congrats pats ;-D

I totally agree about the coaching at the end. Why did the Eagles wait so long to go into "no huddle" offense? They totally lacked urgency from the 5 minute mark to the two minute warning. I didn't understand that clock management at that stage of the game. Took them way too long to score their final touchdown in my opinion.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:40 pm

this isn't a defense per se, as I agree with the no huddle strategy -- where was it?

The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to ensure the best chance of actually getting the td. which if they did get the onside, they would have had enough time.

however the missed chances in pats territory were what killed the eagles. the mcnabb pick in the red zone ended up being HUGE.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:40 pm

The Patriots were the only team that the Eagles wouldn't have beat. And, had Owens been 100%, I think its TO with that MVP Caddy, not Deion Branch. What an unfourtante twist for the Eagles. Oh well, the Patriots are going to get exposed without Weiss and Cranell. What did Bellichek ever do without them? As I recall in Cleveland, he was pretty awful.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:10 pm

I don't know if Owens would have had much better of a game. 9 catches for 122 is nothing to sneeze at.

Plus, had Pittsburgh made it to the Bowl, I think Pitt could have beat Philly. They beat them in the regular season, and Philly never plays well against "physical" teams with good D.

But that's where the list stops. I don't think Indy could have beat Philly, or any other AFC team for that matter.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:14 pm

The way Pitt closed the season they couldn't have beaten the Falcons... :-/
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager