I commend the Philadelphia Eagles. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I commend the Philadelphia Eagles.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:28 pm

the point is that pitt didn't make it to the game...

the eagles had 4 turnovers (never thought that would happen)
and horribly msimanged the clock at the end, and still lost by 3.

they are one of the youngest nfc teams, and have mcnabb entering his prime. they get andrews back next year, and have their first round pick from this year -- essentially 2 first rounders. they get a second for the feely trade, so that is two 2nd rounders, maybe 3 because of welbourne. they have 17 million under the cap, and almost everyone locked up other than westbrook and trotter.

I think they will be back, because no other NFC teams can relaod and catch up -- the eagles can actually imporve significantly.

I doubt that ramsey, eli and vinny/brees/womever the boys throw out there will be able to really catch up.

could be wrong, but the eagles have a ton going for them, they didn't shoot their wad getting to this, and they played the pats tough despiute a plethora of mistakes. signing a mason, porter type, along with an anthony thomas or someone, and they are sitting big time pretty.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:34 pm

eaglesrule wrote:the point is that pitt didn't make it to the game...

the eagles had 4 turnovers (never thought that would happen)
and horribly msimanged the clock at the end, and still lost by 3.

they are one of the youngest nfc teams, and have mcnabb entering his prime. they get andrews back next year, and have their first round pick from this year -- essentially 2 first rounders. they get a second for the feely trade, so that is two 2nd rounders, maybe 3 because of welbourne. they have 17 million under the cap, and almost everyone locked up other than westbrook and trotter.

I think they will be back, because no other NFC teams can relaod and catch up -- the eagles can actually imporve significantly.

I doubt that ramsey, eli and vinny/brees/womever the boys throw out there will be able to really catch up.

could be wrong, but the eagles have a ton going for them, they didn't shoot their wad getting to this, and they played the pats tough despiute a plethora of mistakes. signing a mason, porter type, along with an anthony thomas or someone, and they are sitting big time pretty.

You're right. I said in a previous post that I was more scared of the Eagles winning the Super Bowl next year than this year. Who knows if the Patriots will self destruct by losing Weis and Crennel? I don't see any team in the NFC sitting as pretty as the Eagles. I think the Falcons could do some damage if they could get a WR worth a damn.

Eagles have $17M in cap space but have to think about re-signing Corey Simon, Jeremiah Trotter.

Next year will definitely be interesting!
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:58 pm

wow I never though I would see you make a post like this.

Every week you constantly made a post Refs 7, The other team nothing. And in every post you constastly bashed the eagles.

Im glad to see this post ;-D
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:11 am

They should have gone to TO much much more. He was healthy enough to create separation and find open lanes. He could have worked that NE secondary big time and made some huge plays.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:13 am

fantasizing wrote:They should have gone to TO much much more. He was healthy enough to create separation and find open lanes. He could have worked that NE secondary big time and made some huge plays.

I've been saying this since the game ended...it wasn't TO's fault that they lost the game. He did a heck of a good job even though he had an injury (although I bet he took a wicked shot of cortisone before the game ;-) ). McNabb didn't play very well, and the coaches didn't get them going fast enough at the end of the game so that they could have a reasonable chance to win.

TO did tell McNabb to relax with about 5 minutes left...but I think he went a little too close to the Perry Como school of relaxation tonight. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:17 am

McNabb blew this game. Plain and simple. Hopefully he is not overwhelmed by the grand stage next year when the Eagles are again facing NE in the superbowl.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:16 am

fantasizing wrote:They should have gone to TO much much more. He was healthy enough to create separation and find open lanes. He could have worked that NE secondary big time and made some huge plays.

What do you mean COULD have? He did. 9 catches for 122 yards? Few people do that to New England.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:02 am

I wouldn't hang this loss on McNabb. NE won this game with their line play. Their offensive line did a tremendous job against the vaunted Eagles blitz. They would send seven guys, and Brady would still have all day in the pocket. NE's defensive line was equally impressive. They completely shut down the run game and made the Eagles one dimensional. Take away that garbage run at the end of the first half, and Westbrook was barely over 1 yard per carry.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:42 am

First off at least it was a close game. In my opinion there were alot of factors in the eagles losing, they were outcoached, Pats experience and the O line play of the Pats. You cannot throw 3 ints in the superbowl, and Mcnabb is lucky the game was this close.The first int he threw to Harrison was a unbleiveable mistake, hey Donovan why didnt you just yell out before the snap you were going to Westy, come on that was a rookie mistake. Owens proved to me that he is the best in the game, the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve and now maybe all the haters will shut their mouths at least for a little while. Oh and Rodney Harrison had more receptions than Fred EX. ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 am

Man, the Eagles fought hard, making it a lot closer than I expected.

Great game, Philly! ;-D
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting