I commend the Philadelphia Eagles. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I commend the Philadelphia Eagles.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:25 am

it just sucks when you leave three points on the board like the eagles did with the first int ... then have two turnovers in enemy territory. some of that is definitely NE, but man, the first one was not new england that was just mcnabb screwing up.

tough call reid and mcnabb get you this far, tough to sell them down a river.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby East Bay Ray » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:12 pm

At least WR Greg Lewis showed some flash. I'm not predicting him to be a superstar, but other than TO, the Eagles WRs stink. Freddie Mitchell? C'mon. Some people in the media pump him up like the next great thing and when asked about his stats and numbers, he falls back on the excuse of a system that spreads the ball out. Yeah, McNabb spreads the ball out to two people. TO and Westbrook. Mitchell has good hands and will go over the middle, but he has no separation ability. Freddie Mitchell. What a 1st round bust.
East Bay Ray
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:50 pm

mutantseabass wrote:First off at least it was a close game. In my opinion there were alot of factors in the eagles losing, they were outcoached, Pats experience and the O line play of the Pats. You cannot throw 3 ints in the superbowl, and Mcnabb is lucky the game was this close.The first int he threw to Harrison was a unbleiveable mistake, hey Donovan why didnt you just yell out before the snap you were going to Westy, come on that was a rookie mistake. Owens proved to me that he is the best in the game, the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve and now maybe all the haters will shut their mouths at least for a little while. Oh and Rodney Harrison had more receptions than Fred EX. ;-D
OLine play? I know the Pats had at least 2 false starts, maybe 3. I can't remember exactly. The single play that costs the Eagles this game is the lobbed INT that Harrison got. McNabb had a guy open coming across that would have been a good throw. Instead he threw a pick. Either they scored a TD there, and end up winning, or they kick a FG and end up tied and going into overtime.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:02 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:First off at least it was a close game. In my opinion there were alot of factors in the eagles losing, they were outcoached, Pats experience and the O line play of the Pats. You cannot throw 3 ints in the superbowl, and Mcnabb is lucky the game was this close.The first int he threw to Harrison was a unbleiveable mistake, hey Donovan why didnt you just yell out before the snap you were going to Westy, come on that was a rookie mistake. Owens proved to me that he is the best in the game, the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve and now maybe all the haters will shut their mouths at least for a little while. Oh and Rodney Harrison had more receptions than Fred EX. ;-D
OLine play? I know the Pats had at least 2 false starts, maybe 3. I can't remember exactly. The single play that costs the Eagles this game is the lobbed INT that Harrison got. McNabb had a guy open coming across that would have been a good throw. Instead he threw a pick. Either they scored a TD there, and end up winning, or they kick a FG and end up tied and going into overtime.

THe O line gave Brady a ton of time to throw. Also opened some big holes for Dillon. There is no excuse for McNabb the dude choked as always, its called going through your checkdowns something McNabb never does. He locked on Westbrook from the snap, an easy pick for Harrison.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:23 pm

Didn't I just say the whole turning point was McNabb making that stupid decision? Sure didn't defend him. I'm just saying the Oline wasn't flawless.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:03 pm

Way to be big man bago. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:08 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Didn't I just say the whole turning point was McNabb making that stupid decision? Sure didn't defend him. I'm just saying the Oline wasn't flawless.

What's weird about McNabb, is he threw an interception that was negated by a penalty, then on the very next play, he threw threw the first INT to Harrison.

There was also a pass that bounced off the chest of Randall Gay that should have been intercepted. That's 5 passes that should have been intercepted, McNabb's lucky only 3 of them counted.

McNabb might be the biggest choking QB of all time.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:12 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Didn't I just say the whole turning point was McNabb making that stupid decision? Sure didn't defend him. I'm just saying the Oline wasn't flawless.

Im just saying the Pats O line played better than the Eagles. I dont recall saying they played a flawless game

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:50 pm

bagobonez wrote:

What's weird about McNabb, is he threw an interception that was negated by a penalty, then on the very next play, he threw threw the first INT to Harrison.

There was also a pass that bounced off the chest of Randall Gay that should have been intercepted. That's 5 passes that should have been intercepted, McNabb's lucky only 3 of them counted.

McNabb might be the biggest choking QB of all time.

that's it. He was nervous and the big stage got the most of him. And the funny thing is that all season long and in their 2 playoff victories he kept saying how cool, calm, and confident he was in his abilities. Eagles are still the class of the NFC, and could have easily won that game yesterday had they been error free and with the help of a 100% TO. They put up more of a fight that Indy or Pittsburgh did.

Look for them to be even hungrier next year.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:57 pm

Next year will definitely be interesting. You wonder how long the Eagles can keep it up. This was the 4th year they have gone deep into the playoffs. Can they do it 5 years in a row? That's a rarity in today's parity driven NFL.

Who knows, they could fall off the face of the earth like the Bucs and Raiders did, or they could win it all. It's going to be torture waiting to see what happens.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting