I commend the Philadelphia Eagles. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I commend the Philadelphia Eagles.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:14 pm

bagobonez wrote:McNabb might be the biggest choking QB of all time.

McNabb definitely choked in this game (so did his O-line for the entire 1st quarter at least), however until Manning gets to the SB McNabb can only be the 2nd biggest choker in the NFL.

btw: Props for the objective posting, I admit I expected less maturity from you, and I was wrong about that.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:55 pm

bagobonez wrote:It's going to be torture waiting to see what happens.

I think bagobonez is turning into a closet Eagles fan. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Nilmerf wrote:
bagobonez wrote:It's going to be torture waiting to see what happens.

I think bagobonez is turning into a closet Eagles fan. ;-D

Hehehe! No, not quite, although I felt some small, microscopic amount of pity for them when they lost, although I still hope they never win a Super Bowl.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:00 pm

im glad to see you coming around bag...i have agreed with a lot of your posts in the last number of days ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby East Bay Ray » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:57 am

You're right. Philly sports radio had Runyan and Fraley on and they stated McNabb was ready to puke either due to the heat or pressure. It was stated that Mitchell was finishing up on McNabbs play calling in the huddle. They stated this was the reason why the offense wasnt hurried.

maddog60 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:McNabb might be the biggest choking QB of all time.

McNabb definitely choked in this game (so did his O-line for the entire 1st quarter at least), however until Manning gets to the SB McNabb can only be the 2nd biggest choker in the NFL.

btw: Props for the objective posting, I admit I expected less maturity from you, and I was wrong about that.
East Bay Ray
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:34 am

i wonder if some of the rumors are true that he was concussed. there were a couple of plays where he didn't strap in his chinstrap (he usually has the chins trap on, but doesn't clip the sides) -- which seemed odd to me.

at any rate -- The choker thing is getting absurd, they got the team to the super bowl -- and he was certainly a mixed bag in the game, but he did also put them in a position to win too -- so he had some chokes in there.

but the fact is the pats didn't impose their will ont he birds like they have with everyone else. Everyone assumed the eagles needed a "perfect game" -- which it is now obvious wasn't true. they were still in it with 4 turnovers and a weird stretch of playcalling.

"There was also a pass that bounced off the chest of Randall Gay that should have been intercepted. That's 5 passes that should have been intercepted, McNabb's lucky only 3 of them counted."

well, if the one counted, the other one wouldn't have happened -- so it was the same number.

Also on the one that called back by holding -- mcnabb may not be good at checkdowns, but he is fantastic with getting the pass off when he sees a penalty. he was pointing at the guy as soon as he released the ball. He didn't "get lucky on that one" he knew to throw it, because they would get it back.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:13 pm

McNabb isn't the biggest choker of all time. Either Tarkenton or Jim Kelly are, both losing 4! Super Bowls.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:36 pm

So maybe TO was justified in screaming "Relax! Relax!" to McNabb on the sidelines. If the Philly make it again to the superbowl, McNabb will be fine.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:27 pm

Eh, Owens got screwed out of history. The Eagles win that game, and he is the greatest warrior of all time. Better then Kirk Gibson hitting the home run, better then Willis Reed coming in against Chamberlain, etc. He played with a far worse injury and had great numbers. Instead of becoming a legend like those 2, no one will forget about his celebrations. Please.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:44 pm

fantasizing wrote:So maybe TO was justified in screaming "Relax! Relax!" to McNabb on the sidelines. If the Philly make it again to the superbowl, McNabb will be fine.

I'm not so sure. Every year that the Eagles don't win a Super Bowl is another year that the pressure is mounting. They've been the favorites in the NFC for three years now and have no rings to show for it. I think the pressure gets even more intense from here on out.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting