Goof of Super Bowl. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of Super Bowl.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:53 pm

s0meguy wrote:2 minute drill of the Eagles. 45 seconds left and they run two plays for 1 yard and run 30 seconds off the clock. Earlier they were down by 2 scores with the ball at mid field and a little over two minutes left, and they were still sitting in the huddle for ages.

Agree with this
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:20 am

The goof is Philly's 2 minutes offense. They wasted so much valuable time in the last 4 minutes :-t
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:54 am

i agree with most here..the 2 minute offense was some of the worst ive seen....especially in a super bowl 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:31 am

While I agree that using the Lions' two minute strategy was dumb, I think that goig for the onside kick was a bigger goof. Now the only question I have is was the decision to do it a bigger goof then Ackers whiffing on it?

They should've kicked it deep and gotten the ball on their 30ish instead of the 3. Didn't make any sense to try an on-side kick against the best coached team in the league. It wasn't going ot work.

I don't know what Ackers was thinking. Kicks the ball softly in the air right at a Patriot????

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:18 am

how about Brady? He was over-throwing all night. He's happy his defense (AS USUAL) bailed him out. Brady's an unpopular pick, but with everyone hyping this very mediocre QB up so high, he definitely proved his shoddiness tonight. And of course, I'll hear otherwise. :-°

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:04 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:how about Brady? He was over-throwing all night. He's happy his defense (AS USUAL) bailed him out. Brady's an unpopular pick, but with everyone hyping this very mediocre QB up so high, he definitely proved his shoddiness tonight. And of course, I'll hear otherwise. :-°

Might as well say what others are thinking...and only hijack the thread for a second. O:-)

OK, it might be the system, but 23/33 (about 70% passing? How many QB's complete 70% of their passes in a game?) for 236, 2 TD's, and 0 INT's is by no means a goof...especially when his counterpart QB threw 3 INT's and wasted away about 90 seconds of game clock in the last 5 minutes, effectively giving their team little/no time to win the game.

Brady's Super Bowl stats are now comparable to Joe Montana's after 3 Bowls other than 1 INT (Montana had 0) and a difference in Rating (about 100 compared with 118 - this one I'm not entirely certain on). He gets the job done, and you can't take that away from him no matter how "bad" you might think he is. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:13 am

ok, well maybe he wasnt the goof... I was just looking for an excuse to argue that he isn't a top tier QB.

And I still think he made some sloppy throws and bad decisions... if he had gotten the game ball... I would have been very mad. It was well deserved (I also wouldn't have minded Harrison get the award).

I guess the goof would be Donny Mac. He definitely didn't make the right throws when needed. But he did try pretty hard... had some nice evades from that tough defense... he just didn't get it done. But it was an exciting Bowl. Too bad the commercials were lackluster... :-°

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:how about Brady? He was over-throwing all night. He's happy his defense (AS USUAL) bailed him out. Brady's an unpopular pick, but with everyone hyping this very mediocre QB up so high, he definitely proved his shoddiness tonight. And of course, I'll hear otherwise. :-°

Sure you don't mean McVick?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:46 am

moochman wrote:While I agree that using the Lions' two minute strategy was dumb, I think that goig for the onside kick was a bigger goof. Now the only question I have is was the decision to do it a bigger goof then Ackers whiffing on it?

They should've kicked it deep and gotten the ball on their 30ish instead of the 3. Didn't make any sense to try an on-side kick against the best coached team in the league. It wasn't going ot work.

I don't know what Ackers was thinking. Kicks the ball softly in the air right at a Patriot????

Well put Mooch couldnt have said it better myself, but you have to remember they had Marty on the sidelines and i dont care if he called it or not his presence is enough to lose you the superbowl.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 pm

Going with the eagles in the PBC. :~(
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk