Legacy, not a Dynasty - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Legacy, not a Dynasty

Moderator: Football Moderators

Legacy, not a Dynasty

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:41 pm

The New England Patriots have the gift of a never-ending budget.

While the NFL has a salary cap, it is very flexible. The Patriots have proved that the last half decade. Tedy is playing at around $2 mil a year, and Brady took a $5 mil SALARY CAP cut (not pay cut). He did so by turning his salary into basically one, big signing bonus.

I'm not ripping on the Patriots. It's no different than when the Steelers went on their amazing stretch.

Yeah, this didn't make any sense. Just wanted to talk about the Superbowl and everything of interest was already talked about in the Game Commentary Forum.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:56 pm

legacy? I think you need to check the dictionary. Secondly, lots of players take pay cuts to stay in certain places. I dont see how you can argue that the playing field of the NFL is uneven.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:13 pm

But more take paycuts for the Pats. I heard tonight that teddy bruschi is making 4 mill over the next 2 years. Thats not very much for one of the best MLBs in football. But I guess guys wanna play for a winner. And when your up in the millions it doesnt really matter, right?
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:49 pm

pats are about as legit as it gets.

I feel that the "eagles hurt themselves" -- but everyone who plays them think that.

I mean the eagles tossed up a given 3 in the first half and possibly another three .. but the point is the pats took the ball away.

frutstrating, but they do it enough that it isn't an accident.

if they did it to manning, did it to mcnabb, it ain't a msitake.

good team.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:08 am

whatever... i hate the patriots. Guess they earned it... but if they win another SB and beat the Cowboys record (as opposed to tying it), I will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy mad.
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:17 am

First off, I am not a Pats fan at all but I have to admit that they are the first dynasty of the 21st century! Bottom line. 3 out of 4 superbowls especially this day in age and with the parody in the NFL, it is an amazing feat that deserves to be praised ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:34 am

J2thez929 wrote: the parody in the NFL

There's parody in Detroit, San Fran, Miami and Cleveland - for the rest of the NFL there's parity
Sorry, just couldn't resist that one! ;-)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:15 am

stomperrob wrote:
J2thez929 wrote: the parody in the NFL

There's parody in Detroit, San Fran, Miami and Cleveland - for the rest of the NFL there's parity
Sorry, just couldn't resist that one! ;-)

Agreed...Caught that one before I did. Hard to go against New England with all they have done the past few years. It will also be hard to imagine anyone else making it to the Super Bowl next year. These teams are built to make a pretty darn good run next year too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Legacy, not a Dynasty

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:48 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:The New England Patriots have the gift of a never-ending budget.

While the NFL has a salary cap, it is very flexible. The Patriots have proved that the last half decade. Tedy is playing at around $2 mil a year, and Brady took a $5 mil SALARY CAP cut (not pay cut). He did so by turning his salary into basically one, big signing bonus.

I'm not ripping on the Patriots. It's no different than when the Steelers went on their amazing stretch.

Yeah, this didn't make any sense. Just wanted to talk about the Superbowl and everything of interest was already talked about in the Game Commentary Forum.

So what your saying is this, players are taking paycuts and the Pats are lumping alot of the players salaries into signing bonuses. Any team in the NFL could do the same thing it isnt a Patriot rule. I think that its coaching and a very efficiently run front office. Oh wait did i say any NFL team, let me correct that ant NFL team except for the Lions. ;-)
But seriously nothing is stopping any other team to follow suit and im sure alot of them already do this, players just seem to want to play for Billick and they respond well to his methods of team before individual.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 am

Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk