curious about that last INT.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

curious about that last INT..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:58 pm

LJ did tip it. Mitchell needs to keep his mouth shut. and the pats dynasty definitely isn't as good as the 49ers, but then again, there was no salary cap either.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Demented Avenger » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:53 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
Demented Avenger wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:im curious, howd you end up with that number? theyve won all 3 by 3 points, how does that make their average 0.5?

Because they lost one by 7.

(3+3+3-7)/4 = 0.5

The Niners' SBs.
(5+22+4+45+23)/5 = 19.8

And yeah, I think you're right about it being LJ instead of Freddie. Oh well. I'm still going to pretend I saw an 84, not an 82.

You dont count losses in the margin of VICTORY With your system had they lost by 20 their average margin of victory would be around negative 3? How the hell does that work? Also, the dynasty does not include the past superbowl, as it is not this time frame. It makes no sense, so dont even try to argue.

"In Super Bowls, the Patriots have on average outscored their opponents 0.5 points" is harder to say than "average margin of victory 0.5 points". To me, losing by 7 is winning by -7. It makes sense to me.

But either way, 20 is still higher than 3. ;-D
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:49 am

well if youre saying "average margin of victory", which you are, then you cant count losses... but its your sig.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chcbb » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:00 am

Demented Avenger wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:
Demented Avenger wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:im curious, howd you end up with that number? theyve won all 3 by 3 points, how does that make their average 0.5?

Because they lost one by 7.

(3+3+3-7)/4 = 0.5

The Niners' SBs.
(5+22+4+45+23)/5 = 19.8

And yeah, I think you're right about it being LJ instead of Freddie. Oh well. I'm still going to pretend I saw an 84, not an 82.

You dont count losses in the margin of VICTORY With your system had they lost by 20 their average margin of victory would be around negative 3? How the hell does that work? Also, the dynasty does not include the past superbowl, as it is not this time frame. It makes no sense, so dont even try to argue.

"In Super Bowls, the Patriots have on average outscored their opponents 0.5 points" is harder to say than "average margin of victory 0.5 points". To me, losing by 7 is winning by -7. It makes sense to me.

But either way, 20 is still higher than 3. ;-D

what super bowl did the patriots lose by 7? as far as i know they lost to the bears by 36 in super bowl XX, and to the packers by 14 in XXI.
by your system that would put their margin of victory at
(3+3+3-14-36)/5 = -8.2

now i think it's silly to count losses in margin of victory in sbs; you should say the pats have a margin of victory of 3 and a margin of loss of 25. but all those loses were last century so they don't count :-D so yes, the niners have beaten their opponents by much more than the pats. last century.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Demented Avenger » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:19 pm

Oops, you're right, don't know where I got -7 from... sorry about that. I still think the Pats are one of the greatest teams in NLF history, I don't mean to piss anybody off. In 20 years when the Texans are winning Super Bowls left and right, you'll understand.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chcbb » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:22 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:49ers average point differential in SBs: 19.8
Patriots' average point differential in SBs: -8.2

haha, nice edit on the sig. thanks to me it makes the pats look even worse. :-b oh well, i'll think i'll just stick with my "this century only philosophy"; the previous century wan't such a great time to be a new england based sports fan (well, i can only speak for the 80's and 90's, but that was enough to make me jaded).
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting