American Dad?!?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

American Dad?!?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:40 am

South Park Cows wrote:I wasn't impressed. I mean, there were some funny parts and all, but a gay alien? The show has some (even if a tiny bit) promise, but excessive annoyances (Nazi goldfish, gay alien) will probably cause the show to be cut after an episode or two. Just my 2¢.

now that you mention it, that urked me a bit too. Just another reason this won't be produced past 8 episodes.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shaffe » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:19 am

Mercer Boy wrote:P.S. - I fell on the floor laughing when I saw the Family Guy episode where they went to the synagogue and Peter goes, "I didn't know Optimus Prime was Jewish." Optimus Prime rolls in, transforms, and puts on a yarmulke. :-b :-b ;-D

that episode, when you wish upon a weinstein, was never aired the first time around on fox. they felt it wasn't appropriate, it took family guy moving to adult swim and tbs to get that episode aired. also one of my favs.
Shaffe
Shaffe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:03 am

Love Family Guy...this one, well, not so much. It had its moments, but I don't think it can compete with Family Guy.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:27 am

[QUOTEI thought it was cancelled, and then all of a sudden a year or two ago it comes back on. I never watched it again until my friend bought the DVD's./QUOTE]

They did cancel it... but because of the insane sales of their DVDs, they decided to bring it back this year.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:05 pm

When Family guy was cancled they came out with this, as a sort of replacement. Then, Family guy was un-cancled and the first season of this, American dad, was already finnished, so prety much this is guarenteed to be a one season show, but it shold be pretty good

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:38 pm

I think you guys are being overly critical, its no Family Guy, but I thought American Dad was pretty funny. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:51 pm

i was laughing, or at least giggling throughout it. The part that had me really rolling was when on the computer screen it said "Kissinger: more than just a jew".

Classic.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:01 pm

It's a little early to denounce the show. I thought it was fairly funny and I was busy playing poker while trying to watch it. I'd give it a couple more weeks.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:28 pm

i thought the really old dog was hillarious. not sure why but i killed myself laughing when he carried in the house and then when the kid dragged him down the street. i could really do without the alien pooing all the time and i hate the fish.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:33 pm

If we are talking best parts of last nights show...I got to go with the part when he shot the hell out of the toaster ;-D

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk