American Dad?!?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

American Dad?!?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:20 pm

Arrghh I missed it...and I'm a huge Family Guy fan too. One of my friends taped it though so I'm going to borrow it sometime this week, and I'll let you know what I think. Although I heard about the thing with the toaster...sounds funny. I also heard about some goldfish that wants to have sex with the mother. :-o Sounds a lot like Family Guy though--the scene with Peter and his lance in the kitchen in Mr. Saturday Knight and the episode where Brian realizes he's in love with Lois. But if the show's half as good as Family Guy it's worth watching. :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:11 pm

this wasn't nearly as funny as family guy, but I guess I can manage until may 1st.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:25 pm

It's definitely not better than Family Guy, but I actually thought American Dad was quite entertaining.

My favorite part: After the kid says there shall be no kissing or holding hands in the hall, the science teacher buttons up his shirt and says to a frog, "It's not safe now, I'll come back tonight."

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:30 pm

It was ok, but its doomed to fail because no way the same staff that makes Family Guy can work on this show at the same time, so its pretty much history. The goldfish and alien are stupid. Anyways, the best part was when the kid announced there was going to be no more public displays of affection, and the guy in the biology room has a frog on its back and the guy says "No, its too risky. I'll come back tonight." implying that he was going to have sex with that frog. I died laughing at that. But that was the only thing.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:34 pm

It should get better. Most comedies are very rough around the edges. The first ones are tough because you can't just come out with the funny, you have to do setting and charecter introductions, always takes away from the humor.

Even Seinfeld and FG were only mildly entertaining the first few episodes. Heck first season.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk