The New Simpsons... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The New Simpsons...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The New Simpsons...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:51 am

If you have been a Simpsons fan for a while now (i.e. you were born in the eighties or earlier), you have of course seen the decline in the show for several seasons now. I saw tonights show, and became depressed (well, somewhat... i had a fair amount of liquor in me) at how the show had deterierated. Don;t get me wrong... the show tonight had some moments... and was actually fairly funny... but it wasn't the show I had fallen in love with so many years before. Its too random, well, more than it was, and it doesn't have the Simpsons feel it did before.

In saying this, I think the Simpsons need to step down. Like pro athletes... the Simpsons need to retire now, and quit deterierating the good name it carried before. Remember the good times it had. But stop the downward spiral it's been on for years now.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple_Pride » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:20 am

i agree with you here, last nights episode was brutle IMO, it was almost like they were trying to be more random like family guy but that didnt work out at all for them. its a sad day and its hard to admit but it is time for the simpsons to come to an end.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chcbb » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:11 pm

agreed. the simpsons glory days are long gone... it's been declining steadily since the turn of the century or so. too bad futurama got cancelled, that was a great show by groening. he should have ended the simpsons and gone further witht that. it wasn't a clone of the simpsons at all; totally fresh w/ a good sense of humor. oh well, at least the new king of animated comedies is set for its triumphant return; the family guy.
it is sad to see the simpsons in the shape it is; i used to look forward all week for a new episode; now i might sit through it just to do something when waiting for arrested development to come on (another gem)
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:17 pm

PREACH ON

put that dog out of it's misery.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The New Simpsons...

Postby dave416 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:52 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:If you have been a Simpsons fan for a while now (i.e. you were born in the eighties or earlier), you have of course seen the decline in the show for several seasons now. I saw tonights show, and became depressed (well, somewhat... i had a fair amount of liquor in me) at how the show had deterierated. Don;t get me wrong... the show tonight had some moments... and was actually fairly funny... but it wasn't the show I had fallen in love with so many years before. Its too random, well, more than it was, and it doesn't have the Simpsons feel it did before.

In saying this, I think the Simpsons need to step down. Like pro athletes... the Simpsons need to retire now, and quit deterierating the good name it carried before. Remember the good times it had. But stop the downward spiral it's been on for years now.

You are dead on here. The Simpsons is one of my favorite shows of all-time (if not my favorite). But it started to go around 2001 or so. They were in their prime from about 1992-2000 (anyone remeber the Frank Grimes episode? Thats a classic). I would like to see this show fade away as well, so I could look back and watch the older episodes. I guess they ran out of ideas, but the premises started to become ridiculous and they would use recycled jokes that didnt have the same effect they once had. I would hate to see it go, but it is necessary.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:16 pm

Yeah - the Simpsons have been in a decline for years now... and this season has been horrible thus far. Definitely a sad way to go out...

...and are they still making The Simpsons Movie? I can't even imagine how that will turn out with the way the show is these days...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ljthockey » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:36 pm

Simpsons best seasons were from 4 - 10 I love the old simpsons but refuse to watch the new ones they just upset me on how much the show has changed.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:52 pm

dead on about Futurama... that was an awesome show... and with the Simpsons in steady decline, Futurama became my favorite show. And you are right, it was definitely NOT a Simpsons clone... still same humor style, but with afresh outlook, and Groening came uo with all new plot scenarios and storylines with these wacky and diverse characters. FOX... you are testing my patience.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:45 pm

ljthockey wrote:Simpsons best seasons were from 4 - 10 I love the old simpsons but refuse to watch the new ones they just upset me on how much the show has changed.

I agree, the very first ones weren't all to good either, but now they just don't have enough ideas or something.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:57 pm

if the simpsons stop, family guy will be huge. that's cool though. it would just be so sad for them to go.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk