Patriots players doing the bird flap.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Patriots players doing the bird flap..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:53 pm

Bottom line is:
If you don't want to see that stuff, keep em out of the endzone. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:49 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Bottom line is:
If you don't want to see that stuff, keep em out of the endzone. ;-D

well the patriots were doing it all over the field.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:05 pm

It's starting to look like they just enjoy doing it. Like they're not even mocking the Eagles any more, they're just getting a kick out of doing it. At least it's pretty obvious they don't spend time in front of the mirror practicing their celebrations, like someone we know, *cough* Terrell Owens *cough*.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:09 pm

dave416 wrote:Nothing wrong with that one. Ray Lewis is an arrogant idiot.

super bowl champion. super bowl mvp. captain of the best defense in the nfl. possibly the best linebacker...ever. id be arrogant too.
Last edited by deluxe_247 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:09 pm

The thing is, it got old after the first Patriot did it.. and it wasn't creative at all in the first place. Next year it will be painful to see the same "celebration" done by every bird team and every team playing a bird team. Which will be like 50% of the games. :-/
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Yeah, I agree it did get pretty old pretty quick..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:45 pm

bagobonez wrote:I'm glad they did it. The Eagles are the biggest show-boaters in the NFL. If it's not Freddie Mitchell doing the "people's champ" and thanking his hands, it's Terrell Owens pulling out sharpies, standing on the star and mocking Ray Lewis. And if it's not that, its' McNabb doing the moonwalk. And if it's not that, it's Jeremiah Trotter jumping up and girating like an idiot and flexing his muscles when he makes a tackle.

There's an old saying: What goes around comes around.

I'm glad to see the Eagles get mocked, maybe they will learn some humiliity.

You wrote in another thread:

Get over it guys. THe Eagles lost, so you don't have to hear anymore about it from me for a few months. Enjoy the off-season and lighten up.

I thought we weren't going to hear from you. When will it end? You're going to continue this forever, aren't you?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:00 am

i always want to see a NEW type of celebration.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:44 am

well from the standpoint of not wanting to see it -- leave it on the field and keep them out.

However, considering how much credit for "class" and team etc, It hought it was a tad out of character for them, and maybe that identity should be reexamined. and what, were they showing up To? the guy who on a bum wheel racked up 122 yards? the eagles? who gave them a hell of a tough playoff game, one that perhaps with one less miscue should have actually knocked them off?

I don't get it.

And bag, at least be accurate? the dallas star and the sharpie happened in san fran -- mcnabb occasionally does the moonwalk -- and that is against divsion foes. trotter gets to be a bit much.

however the pats ahve their share -- as does everyone.

I mean ty law was talking so much smack pregame and he wasn't even playing.

so spare the eagles your lectures. or at least do some homework in the off-season, as I am sure the boys will be looking up at them yet again. no one in the conference had an answer for them this year -- and the eagles for all intents and purposes have 3 picks in the first two rounds, and another 1st rounder (shaun andrews) who didn't play this year. they will get even better.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:17 pm

eaglesrule wrote:well from the standpoint of not wanting to see it -- leave it on the field and keep them out.

However, considering how much credit for "class" and team etc, It hought it was a tad out of character for them, and maybe that identity should be reexamined. and what, were they showing up To? the guy who on a bum wheel racked up 122 yards? the eagles? who gave them a hell of a tough playoff game, one that perhaps with one less miscue should have actually knocked them off?

I don't get it.

And bag, at least be accurate? the dallas star and the sharpie happened in san fran -- mcnabb occasionally does the moonwalk -- and that is against divsion foes. trotter gets to be a bit much.

however the pats ahve their share -- as does everyone.

I mean ty law was talking so much smack pregame and he wasn't even playing.

so spare the eagles your lectures. or at least do some homework in the off-season, as I am sure the boys will be looking up at them yet again. no one in the conference had an answer for them this year -- and the eagles for all intents and purposes have 3 picks in the first two rounds, and another 1st rounder (shaun andrews) who didn't play this year. they will get even better.

Yeah but there's no guarantee that Philly will hit on those 3 picks in the 1st two rounds. They could end up being Freddie Mitchell's and Jerome McDougle's. Plus the jury's still out on Shawn Andrews, although I'm sure he'll turn out to be a fine player.

By the way, Dallas has three picks in the top 43 overall, and they have some players returning from injury as well. I fully expect Dallas to give Philly a run for their money next season, although Philly will probably still clinch the East.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting