0-3 what to do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

0-3 what to do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

0-3 what to do?

Postby beerman » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:11 pm

i'm 0-3 and not sure if i should trade anybody soon! i thought i my team was very solid but they have unacheive big time! my team is:

qb: mcnair, couch
rb: a. green, dillion, hearst alstott, mealy
wr: boston, kevin johnson, r gardner, hillard
te: r mcmichael, e johnson,
K: carney, hall
def: bears, titans

any ideas of who should i trade?
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:26 pm

I never liked McNair & never will,not from a FF perspective,just don't like him.Couch has re-emerged as the starter which will benefit Johnson.Ahman will hopefully be back,drop Mealey & grab Davenport for insurance.Dillon is always a shakey start 'cause he plays for the Bungles.Use McNair & Dillon as trade bait.Also look at the FA WR market,there's sure to be a gem there.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:10 pm

I agree with guttpuppy, you need to upgrade at QB. Maybe get another decent running back to go with green cause you cant trust dillon each and every game. He is too inconsistent, I should know I have him on my team.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beerman » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:08 pm

well this guy in my league has drew blesdoe as a backup so do u think mcnair and dillion for blesdoe and c chambers would be a good deal?
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:37 pm

I like the deal just cause you'd get Bledsoe.He's goin' off this year & will continue to do so.However,with this trade you'd be losing a starting RB in Dillon,and Green will possibly fight injury all year.This could hurt you at RB.The trade gets a ;-D but only if you add RB depth to replace Dillon.Although Hearst isn't a bad back-up.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:38 pm

I would not trade a number 1 back like dillon and not get one in return, the upgrade to bledsoe sounds nice, but its not worth it without getting a rb. You may drop your backup kicker and try and find a wr off of waivers to help out your depth there. Other than that dont trade without getting a back in return.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:30 pm

I agree with JAY, Bledsoe's numbers won't differ that much from Couch's, but you would be out a #1 back. Stick with Dillon, he has played for the Bengals his whole career and as bad as they are he has put up good numbers, there is no reason to think that his numbers should be any different this year.

Friendliness: %

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:58 pm

Hey, beerman! Sorry. It looks to me like your team is relatively solid and you've just had a case of bad luck through week 3. Maybe you can use an upgrade at QB but it doesn't look like you'll be getting it without giving up a little too much. If you really want to make a move, try to give up a WR and a lesser RB for a QB.
I know it's tough but, it looks like you just need a little patience. 0-3 is tough but not impossible to overcome. I don't know why people don't like McNair. He finished as the 8th ranked QB in my league last year. 3,300 yards passing and 21 TD's not to mention over 400 yards rushing and 5 more TD's are nothing to turn up your nose at. Sure he's no, Garcia or Warner but, this year, neither is Garcia or Warner. As for Dillon, they say the same thing every year yet, every year he put up about 1,300-1,500 total yards and he wass in the endzone 10 times last year.
Do something a little different from the fantasy football norm. Have patience!!
Chris

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:26 pm

OK let's see here Dillon has just over 60yds. per game with no scores,add in a couple receptions.He's tied with Vick for rushing yds.,behind F.Taylor who had a bye week & Ahman Green who sat a game due to injury.Bledsoe leads the league in passing yds. & has 6TDs 2picks.Yeah Dillon will get a couple good games here & there.But Bledsoe will produce all year.So you could sit & wait for Dillon to have "his game"or you could be playing Bledsoe each week knowing at least he will "doing something".It's that simple,just do the math.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:27 pm

Guttpup post above.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk