0-3 what to do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

0-3 what to do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beerman » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:56 pm

well the guy that has blesode has crappy rb's except faulk so dillion wouldn't be worth it! and i don't think he take just mcnair for blesodoe! i release mealy and got davenport for waviers but the free agent wr are weak the tops guy out there are kennison, patten, a. davis, k dyson, and smith from carolina! but the thing about dillion is teams could blowout cinncinnit right away that will force to pass! so it's a tough call!
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby a1doug182 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:19 pm

Your QB situation isn't that bad but I agree it could be better. If you are going to trade Dillon then wait until he has a good game otherwise you will not get the most out of the trade that you can. You have a solid team so don't make any rash decisions that you will regret later. Also one thing to consider about Bledsoe is that he plays in a city that will get colder as the season goes on which could result in fewer passing stats during those games in cold weather.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:42 pm

Patten on the Waiver Wire...hmmmmmm...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:58 pm

So anonymous says "It's that simple, just do the math". OK, let's do it. Bledsoe has had three good weeks. Week 1 against the Jets - nuff said. Week 2 against the Vikings - again, nuff said. Week 3 against Denver. I'll give him that week. He now will have to face the Bears, Raiders, Miami twice and the Pats (maybe twice depending upon how long your season is). I like Bledsoe but I can be realistic. This is a QB who has not thrown 20 TD's since 1998. However, he has thrown over 20 interceptions since then ('99). He has not had a real quality fantasy year since 1997. Are you in a hurry to pick up Peete? I didn't think so. Do you drop Faulk or Alexander because they're not yet up to par by week 3? No way!Meanwhile, Dillon has been on a crappy team for all 5 previous years and each year has had no less than 1,300 total yards and at least 5 TD's and that was his WORST year. He had a terrible week 1, but went over 100 in week 2. Especially since Dillon gets to run on the Colts and the Texans twice. McNair has "only" 600 yards, but he also has only one less TD than Bledsoe. Not to mention, he gets the Texans twice also and Dillons hapless Bengals D!
I ask you, is a great back like Dillon worth giving away to make up the difference between McNair and Bledsoe? Absolutely not.
Chris

Friendliness: %

Postby beerman » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:47 pm

thanks for all the advice guys ;-D ! ironcially someone in my league just traded garcia and stallworth for blesdoe and freeman! i'm staying with dillion it's just being 0-3 bothers me. i can only hope tampa is totally flat on sunday.
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk