Bledsoe to Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe to Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:07 pm

Id definately drop Willis in my rankings. I didnt have him as high as most people to start either.

Bledsoe would be interesting in Dallas. If the defense can be improved via the draft, and the running game stays solid with Julius Jones, I can see the 'Boys winning 7 or 8. Those are big ifs though.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:12 pm

Flockers wrote:I think this move could hurt Willis McGahee. Not having a proven QB behind the center could allow defenses to stack 8 men in the box.

Willis is the most affected person in this move.

They already did, and its tough to strictly play the run with Moulds and Evans on the outsides, no matter who is throwing to them. I had McGahee at 3, nipping at the heels of Alexander for the 2nd spot, he probably drops behind Edge and Priest now.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:33 pm

I know this is a little off topic, but I think that moving to Dallas might be good for Bledsoe. If the Boys O-line could keep Vinnie alive, they might do the same for Drew. He still has a good year or two left under the right circumstances. And Tuna doesn't seem to put his QBs in bad positions too often. If I liked the Cowgirls, I'd like this move. Hensen needs more time, he's been away too long and played too little.

As for the Bills, I would worry about what this does to Evans. Is Losman going to have the patience to throw the deep ball that seems to be Evans forte'? Do the Bills dump Bledsoe and pick up a Kitna or Mrs Warner's husband? Are we reaching for something to keep interested in?

And whatchu talkin' about Willis value dropping? Was Bledsoe that much of a threat? His value could increase. He is a great pass reciever and will soon be a fav dump off of Losman, should that come to pass.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:08 am

Well, JP Losman is a bit worrying for many because he's had the reputation of being a bit of a cocky headcase. He also isn't the "smart" quarterback who's really good at making reads and threading the needle...like a Leftwich or Brady. Many think he'll take longer to mature than other young quarterbacks. The lovely thing with Buffalo is that they love running the ball in the red zone. They're so committed. Other teams may PA fake here or there (well, more than a sprinkle here or there), but Buffalo'll pound the rock. Those touchdowns are music to McGahee owners' ears. Back to the subject, if it was a worse QB, some may be happy because that means less TDs for the QB and more for McGahee (that's a bit of a positive although it doesn't offset a less effective offense). However, since Buffalo is a run first by a lot team in the red zone, it looks like Losman's ascension to starting QB will have no good implications for Willis at all.

How much would Bledsoe cost for Dallas? A 2nd round pick? I don't think Dallas is ready to compete at all, as hard as the truth may be for Parcells to take. The good year they had seems like a fluke now. They just don't have enough talent. T-New didn't develop too well this year, either, after a solid rookie campaign. I think they need to continue bringing in young talent. This may be a bit of a waste for Parcells' coaching ability, but that's the truth with where the team is now. He seems to hate developing players...one of those guys who wants to put the best players on the field, even if they're old and over the hill with no future good coming out of it, only very small immediate gains.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:18 am

dear god, a second rounder? no way...

If that's the cost for Dallas, there's no way we'd get him. Chances are Buffalo will waive him, if it doesn't count much against the cap.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:11 pm

NO way Parcells gives up a #2 for Bledsoe, especially a high #2. Dallas doesn't currently have a 3rd round pick so they'd have to send a 4th round pick or worse to pick up Bledsoe.

I would welcome the move. It can't get much worse than Vinny was last year. Vinny made some plays, got some yardage, but in the end he was no better at the turnover thing than Quincy Carter was.

At least Bledsoe can hopefully keep his interceptions below 20 for a season, plus he's younger than Vinny.

Alot of us Cowboy fans are speculating that Parcells is indeed lookign to bring Bledsoe in because they haven't made a contract offer to Vinny yet, and Vinny will be a UFA in 3 weeks.

Food for thought...
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:14 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:I heard that Buffalo has already announced Losman as their starter,so much for a playoff run for the Bills next year.

you think the bills could make a run with bledsoe, but not with Losman? :-°
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:42 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:I heard that Buffalo has already announced Losman as their starter,so much for a playoff run for the Bills next year.

you think the bills could make a run with bledsoe, but not with Losman? :-°

Good point. McGahee and the defense carried the Bills for most of the season anyway. If Losman pulls a Roethlisberger, pencil in the Bills for a trip to the Super Bowl.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:18 pm

Seems more like losman will pull a Carson Palmer (though less spectacular) struggle mightily in the beginning but begin to develop by midseason.
I too am worried more about Evan's value dropping, but it might be a plus for Moulds as he is the more intermediate and short route guy who could appeal to losman.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby parrothead pirates » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:04 pm

Well, we have different opions about whether McGahee's stock goes up or down with this trade. What do you think happens to Julius Jones stock if Bledsoe ends up in Big D?
QB- Big Ben, Matt Ryan
RB-Gore,Grant,Wells,Donald Brown,LJ
WR-Fitz,V Jackson, S Holmes,Dallas Clark,J Maclin
K- Kaeding
TDSP- Philly,Chicago
parrothead pirates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk