Deion Branch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deion Branch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:42 am

Branch would have broken out to the tune of around 1100 yards and maybe 10 scores if he hadn't gotten hurt last year. I think that's about what you may get from him next year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:22 am

Transmogrifier wrote:We'll never agree. There's no point. You ask anyone associated with football, and I bet you can't find one person who says that Brady is a "very mediocre" QB.

You think a QB's job is to pile up stats; I think his job is to manage--and win--games. We'll never agree.

Dude, he's been talking about fantasy football terms. In fantasy football, nobody cares how many rings you have, it is irrelevant. (as opposed to real NFL).

In terms of fantasy football, Brady still isn't an elite QB, and guys like Green and Bulger will still go before him likely, and rightfully so.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:24 am

maddog60 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:We'll never agree. There's no point. You ask anyone associated with football, and I bet you can't find one person who says that Brady is a "very mediocre" QB.

You think a QB's job is to pile up stats; I think his job is to manage--and win--games. We'll never agree.

Dude, he's been talking about fantasy football terms. In fantasy football, nobody cares how many rings you have, it is irrelevant. (as opposed to real NFL).

In terms of fantasy football, Brady still isn't an elite QB, and guys like Green and Bulger will still go before him likely, and rightfully so.

"dude" no hes not talking FF terms...don't try to justify his idiotic statements for him...let him speak for himself...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:00 pm

My "idiotic" statements? I think my facts speak for themselves. Just because no one chooses to read them, or at least look at them from a different light, doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong. Tell me, are you just thinking of the next thing to say to me before I give my next post?

Whatever. Kill this thread, or at least stay on topic. If anyone wants to debate (by which I mean NE homers telling me about three SB wins), they can do it over PM or create a thread for it.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:again... Brady threw 14 INTs this season... the 11th most. He still had a 2:1 ratio, which is commendable... but when you compare it to top-tier QBs, he doesn't compete. Yes, he can stay cool under pressure, but in terms of stats, as well as pure passing, he just isn't a stud QB.

I'd compare Brady in the skill class of Bulger... Green... etc. Brady is an alright QB, but when he plays, he doesn't "wow" you. He wins games... but the excitement is defense. Take the 02-03 Bucs into consideration... or the 00-01 Ravens. They both had west coast, durable style offense. It wasn't flashy... but it got the job done. Decent numbers, but nothing spectacular. The defenses won the SBs. I'm not saying Brady is as good as Johnson or Dilfer (well, he's better I mean), but his offense, especially with the addition of Corey Dillon, is of the same mold. A QB in that system can carry out his tasks, and his defene will win the games. Therefore, Brady's a system QB.

Manning, on the other hand, has NO defense (Freeney can't defend everyone). The offense wins games... not the defense. If we were to switch Brady with Manning, so that Brady were on a team that depended solely on him to win games, I don't think he could cut it. Whereas Manning would probably still tear it up.

I'll debate more later... I have work late tonight, and drinking even later.

This is not a Tom Brady thread dude, it's about Deion Branch. DEION BRANCH!#$!$

no1cowboysfan wrote:My "idiotic" statements? I think my facts speak for themselves. Just because no one chooses to read them, or at least look at them from a different light, doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong. Tell me, are you just thinking of the next thing to say to me before I give my next post?

Whatever. Kill this thread, or at least stay on topic. If anyone wants to debate (by which I mean NE homers telling me about three SB wins), they can do it over PM or create a thread for it.

Back on topic? You're ridiculous man.....
-----------------------
DEION BRANCH-

I'm betting that Branch becomes the 80/90+ catch guy in NE next year that no one ever thought could exist there....

Everybody says there are too many targets in NE, but it's apparent to me that Deion Branch is going to get the bulk of the receptions in 2005. TEs, RBs, FBs, LBs etc. etc. are going to get their share of passes, especially in the goalline area, but that doesn't mean that Branch will be a non-factor in fantasy. All Patriot's WRs may have some bad games because the Pats will dominate some opponents, and Branch may only see touchdown passes in six or seven games. But what WR in fantasy consistently gets touchdown passes and high yardage week in and week out? Very few. No to mention that these type of WRs are drafted in the first and second round. No one is telling you to draft Branch in the first or second round....
---

David Patten's departure from NE will be a HUGE boost to Branch next year (unless he circumvents the salary cap and takes a Patriot size cut in his free agent value to stay, then all bets are off). And it's pretty apparent to me that Troy Brown is on the downswing of his career whether he plays defense or not, in other words: a non factor. Bethel Johnson is the only other WR that caught passes in 2004 and it's hard to call him anything more than a spot WR/special teams guy at this point in his career. That leaves an <b>experienced</b> and <b>fully healthy</b> Deion Branch (debut in 2004 was delayed due to injury) and David Givens to put up the majority of the receiving totals in NE.

Look for Branch and Givens to significantly elevate their games in 2005... Awesome value if you can get them late in the draft and very decent "surprise" middle round WR picks IMO.

"Too many targets" NE receivers:

Branch: 80/1200/8
Givens: 65/1000/9
Other WRs: 550/3 TDs
RBs: 450/2 TDs
TEs: 600/7 TDS
All other players: 1 TD

= Tom Brady 3800/30 TDs in 2005.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer