Jason Ferguson DT
Jason Glenn LB
Toby Gowin P
LaMont Jordan RB
Kareem McKenzie OT
James Reed DT
Brent Smith OG
Kenyatta Wright LB

Cap Cuts - Im not really sure what this means, if someone could explain it to me...

Donnie Abraham CB
Sam Cowart LB
Reggie Tongue S

I think that we obviously need to sign John Abraham. Kareem McKenzie I'd say is the next most important guy to sign, along with LaMont Jordan.

Jason Ferguson is a solid DT and I think we also need to sign him. We need to keep one of the TEs as well. Becht can block, can't catch. Baker can catch, can't block. Personally I think we should keep Baker, Becht drops too many passes.

Obviously the cap cut list we need to keep all, but im not sure what that means anyways....

Sign Jonathan Carter, Wayne Chrebet is done.

Don't sign Quincy Carter. We need a veteran player WITHOUT a drug addiction. Maybe Jay Fiedler?

Toby Gowin should be gone. Not a very good kicker. And i can name another kicker on the jets who should also be gone next year..........

Thoughts??
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:17 pm

I believe cap cuts is the same thing as cap casualties, in other words those players will be cut because of the cap room. Those are 3 top players to lose on defense...
That said I think they had better put a priority in keeping their other defensive players such as Ferguson. LaMont should be resigned but if it comes down to it they may have to use the money elsewhere.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:40 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I believe cap cuts is the same thing as cap casualties, in other words those players will be cut because of the cap room. Those are 3 top players to lose on defense...
That said I think they had better put a priority in keeping their other defensive players such as Ferguson. LaMont should be resigned but if it comes down to it they may have to use the money elsewhere.

I cant possibly believe that the Jets are cutting Donnie Abraham. He is their best CB and did a hell of a job on Plax in the Jets Steelers AFC divisional game last year.

I can see why they are cutting Cowart, Vilma is the MLB of the future for the Jets.

Reggie Tongue is also a good DB, i dont understand why they are cutting him with the kind of cap room they have.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Return to New York Jets