The Pennsylvania Bowl !!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Pennsylvania Bowl !!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:18 pm

I don't think it will ever happen, but that would be the most entertaining super bowl ever. I'd love to see those teams duke it out, but it wlill never happen though.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:39 pm

Yeah I too like Carolina's chances next year...if not for them having to face us twice I'd think they could be playoff bound. :-D But seriously next year, after the AFC East, the NFC South will probably be the hardest division in football. The Falcons will of course have a fully healthy Finneran, and a DeAngelo Hall and Michael Jenkins who will have improved. Carolina will be fully healthy. And we will have some better coaches and hopefully a better defense after the draft. And considering how well we played down the stretch run of this year against teams like Carolina and Atlanta, I believe we could take on either of them.

But getting back to the point of the thread, yeah I believe the Eagles will be back representing the NFC. For the AFC though,..eh it's close, I could see a championship showdown between the Colts and Pats...this time on the RCA Dome turf though. And Manning throws 5 touchdowns and silences critics everywhere. :-D Colts vs. Eagles in Super Bowl XL baby.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:09 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:I could see a championship showdown between the Colts and Pats...this time on the RCA Dome turf though. And Manning throws 5 touchdowns and silences critics everywhere. :-D Colts vs. Eagles in Super Bowl XL baby.

With the Super Bowl in a dome next year, if indy makes it watch out. 8-o

My gut does tell me that it will be a Philly vs Pitt Super Bowl.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:56 pm

I'm looking for a big improvement from Big Ben next year (he wasn't so hot in the last 4 regular season games or the playoffs).

And hey, I can dream can't I. Like Hawkeye said on M*A*S*H once: "Without our dreams, all we have is nightmares". (You know, nightmares, like they have in Detroit, San Fran, Cleveland, and Miami!).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:01 am

SeaWolf wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I could see a championship showdown between the Colts and Pats...this time on the RCA Dome turf though. And Manning throws 5 touchdowns and silences critics everywhere. :-D Colts vs. Eagles in Super Bowl XL baby.

The Falcons play pretty well in a dome too :-b [/b]
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:03 am

portisfan24 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

The Falcons play pretty well in a dome too :-b [/b]

So do the Lions, Rams, and Saints. But none of them are going to the Super Bowl, including the Falcons.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: The Pennsylvania Bowl !!!

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:15 am

stomperrob wrote:I can see it now - Super Bowl XL - Steelers vs Eagles!!! ;-D

Sorry Pats fans but you get a year off, see ya in 2007!

The young jets start maturing....draft a corner, get Randy Moss...................J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS in Detroit 06'!
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Azrael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:23 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I reckon the Colts and Pats will have something to say about that..

I think you just mean the Pats.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:29 am

Isnt it refreshing to see all this optimism. For the SUperbowl next year, I can see ....
AFC- New England, Indy, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYJ, San Diego, Kansas City(dare to dream), Houston, Jacksonville, Denver, Buffalo, Cinci (long shot.)

NFC- Philly, Atlanta, St Louis, Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Carolina, Washington, Tampa Bay and Chicago (both long shots)
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:39 am

If Baltimore makes the trade for Moss and Jamal Lewis stays healthy, the Ravens are a shoo-in.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk