valid reason or just an excuse? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

valid reason or just an excuse?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:30 pm

This sucks for both Patriots fans and Eagles fans alike. I would've completely believed it if McNabb hadn't been doing about a hundred interviews after the game...he looked pretty fine to me. If he had sort of just faded away like a sick person would've done then I'd believe the story. But I do believe he was sick, just not to the verge of him nearly puking and unable to call a play. Unless it was the pressure of the situation that made him so sick there's no way he could've recovered that fast.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:50 pm

The most ironic part was that Freddie called a pass to himself, which he promptly dropped for a game-ending interception. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:05 pm

I don't really care. but to say it sjust excuses is nonsense.

first of all, it would be an explanation, not an excuse.

Second of all, you don't hear reid or mcnabb talking about it. I think its pretty standup actually of reid just allowing himself to look stupid rather than make an excuse.

The weird thing is mcnabb looked shaky, but to say he looked shaky all game is simply wrong. he looked awesome on the throw to westbrook for the td, really good one the bomns to pinky, and the long catch and run by owens. then he looked stupid.

That first pick wasn't the pats, that was a dumb freaking throw.

whatever, its in the books.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:22 pm

Ive thrown up from physical exhaustion before and was fine like 10-20 minutes later.

I dont think its an excuse or a lie or an explanation or whatever the heck else. It could easily happen where someone leaves it all on the line that they almost lose it at the end.

It certainly doesnt give him an out for his mistakes he made all game
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:24 pm

I love the part about Freddie Mitchell calling the play, no wonder they lost. I would have loved to hear that play call. OK Freddies hands on three.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:13 pm

I think that it's not a valid excuse except in the fourth quarter. If Freddie Mitchell was calling plays during the last two minutes, I'm not surprised. I wonder why the commentators didn'tention it or notice it, if it was true and all. I think it's 25% true, 75% BS.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 pm

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Id actually heard that Tom Brady was sick. I heard this before the game. And no it wasnt the grandmother thing. I heard he was sick on the radio. Why is this report about Donovan just coming out now? Pretty fishy if you ask me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby parrothead pirates » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:56 pm

I heard that Donovan said in an interview today that he was not sick. Also, that the reason they were not running a no-huddle offense is that everybody was exhausted.

So much for resting your starters at the end of the season.
QB- Big Ben, Matt Ryan
RB-Gore,Grant,Wells,Donald Brown,LJ
WR-Fitz,V Jackson, S Holmes,Dallas Clark,J Maclin
K- Kaeding
TDSP- Philly,Chicago
parrothead pirates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:07 pm

I also heard that Brady had the flu on like Thursday or Friday I think?

Plus I heard that the play that Freddie Mitchell called ended up being a completed pass to Westbrook. Whether or not it was intended for Mitchell i don't know.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk