Alexander to Philly?? Could Alexander and Westbrook coexist? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander to Philly?? Could Alexander and Westbrook coexist?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:50 pm

Alexander in Philly is very unlikely. I don't see why Philly would go after SA, Westbrook has proven to be a very versatile back, and with the return of Buckhalter they have no need for another RB.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:11 pm

"Not to mention, Philly needs to spend money on more concerning issues. "

which would be? I don't see anything major at all to be honest. resign trotter, simon -- the d is fine. They get andrews back, so the o line is better off. With lewis stepping up some at wr, and having owens back, they can draft a wr.

Buckhalter will not be back, he is a UFA. Incidentally, any running woes we had were not because of philosophy, but because ritchie, buckhalter and andrews all got lost for the season.

I would think that the back they sign will also have pretty good hands. Otherwise, if he was straight power, it would be too obvious what the team was doing each time.

if we figure westy is more hands than run -- they should get a back who is more run than hands -- but still with good hands. let the two overlap somewhat to obscure the playcall.

I think they should trade for davenport perhaps? I would guess they might go for rudi johnson or atrain though too.

Especially if they get another back, the wr problems are somewhat fine, as you could have westbrook on the field with the other back.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:20 pm

I read about this a while ago, Westbrook is a RFA. I don't see the Eagles paying big money to two RBs.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:21 pm

Moss to philly would be nice too to fill in for Mitchell, Alexander will never go to Philly, why would the eagles drop that kind of coin on a rb when they have Westy and Buck will be back? Spend the money on needs not wants.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:42 pm

trust me, buck will not be back

I bet they would rather thomas or lamont jordan, or derrick blalock or someone.

buck is good, but injury prone and he neve endeared himself with reid after his pot incident.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:08 pm

If the eagles are smart, they wouldn't pay the amazingf fee for SA on their team and run a RBBC when they have the perfectly capable westbrook. They have other issues to worry about first. and if this happens, it would totally kidd both RB's value, especially SA, because he never lines up as a wideout like westbrook does.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:35 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:It's interesting, but unlikely. Alexander doesn't come across to me as the type of guy who would be happy sharing time with another back. Not to mention, Philly needs to spend money on more concerning issues. Westbrook has performed quite well over the last two seasons and don't see much reason to shake things up by adding a contract as expensive as Alexander's to the mix. Don't get me wrong, it would be an explosive combo, but I can't see it happening.

Exactly.Have we already forgotten that this is the guy that demanded a trade after not getting the 1 yd he needed for the rushing title?This guy wants it all or nothing,and personally I think he deserves it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:48 pm

highly doubt it. The idea of A-train going to Philly however is an excellent idea (for Philly... not so much me)... it would give Thomas a bigger role than backing up Jones, and with Philly's success in the 2-RB (or 3) running scheme, I think they'd complement each other rather well.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:09 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:It's interesting, but unlikely. Alexander doesn't come across to me as the type of guy who would be happy sharing time with another back.

Ding.

why don't you tell us how you really feel
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:15 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
awwchrist wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:It's interesting, but unlikely. Alexander doesn't come across to me as the type of guy who would be happy sharing time with another back.

Ding.

why don't you tell us how you really feel

I know how he feels about one of the only players that could make the 49ers defense respectable next year. :,-( :-[

Hopefully the above won't happen, but I know there's no way Alexander goes to Philadelphia...good rumor though! :-)

The A-Train talk is interesting also. He does have the skills to be a feature though, so I don't know if he'd want to do that either. I could see one of the multitudinous Oakland backs going to Philly if/when they bring in a more reliable feature option.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk