Alexander to Philly?? Could Alexander and Westbrook coexist? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander to Philly?? Could Alexander and Westbrook coexist?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:19 am

awwchrist wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:It's interesting, but unlikely. Alexander doesn't come across to me as the type of guy who would be happy sharing time with another back.

Ding.

Yeah, if this wasn't apparent before, it was after he whined to the media about not getting his 1 yard for the rushing title. He did get a little snubbed but the ultimate purpose is to win the game, not to bring glory to yourself. The only reason we probably haven't seen that much whining out of Alexander is because he has always gotten his. There is no way he could share the spotlight with someone else. Besides, I can't see Philly paying big money for some feature back with Westbrook being too valuable to sit on the bench most of the time. What they will be looking for is a change of pace bigger back like they had with Buckhalter. I could see an A-train working there. He's not good enough to be a feature back but I think he could be a good fill-in guy and take the goalline carries.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:24 am

First off: Buckhalter will not be back. Ignore his FA status, despite that he's a UFA. He's had 2 blown knees in 3 years, one on each knee. He'll be lucky if his career lasts another season.

And yes, the Eagles have much more important things to do than sign another RB. Resigning Trotter, Westbrook, Tra Thomas, Jon Ritchie are priorities. Then I'd still rather they retain Mayberry, Burgess and Lewis, or look for a cheap veteran TE to keep some level of depth. Now they can afford to lose these guys for various reasons (Shawn Andrews, ND Kalu for examples), but then I would look to RB for that bruiser.

And yes, A-train would be a phenomenal pick up for the Eagles. A cheap WR of slightly above average skill wouldn't be bad either. Say Tai Streets did well opposite TO before didn't he? TO, Tai, and Greg Lewis anyone? hehe.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:35 am

maddog60 wrote:First off: Buckhalter will not be back. Ignore his FA status, despite that he's a UFA. He's had 2 blown knees in 3 years, one on each knee. He'll be lucky if his career lasts another season.

And yes, the Eagles have much more important things to do than sign another RB. Resigning Trotter, Westbrook, Tra Thomas, Jon Ritchie are priorities. Then I'd still rather they retain Mayberry, Burgess and Lewis, or look for a cheap veteran TE to keep some level of depth. Now they can afford to lose these guys for various reasons (Shawn Andrews, ND Kalu for examples), but then I would look to RB for that bruiser.

And yes, A-train would be a phenomenal pick up for the Eagles. A cheap WR of slightly above average skill wouldn't be bad either. Say Tai Streets did well opposite TO before didn't he? TO, Tai, and Greg Lewis anyone? hehe.

wipe up that drool maddog :-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:50 am

I was going on the fact that Buckhalter wouldnot be back and they would like to add somewhat of a power running aspect.................
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:47 am

yea, they will add a pwer running aspect. people forget that it wasn't "the plan" to aqpproach the run game like they did this season. They drafted andrews for a reason. They figured on having buck, andrews, ritchie and westbrook -- which is a different animal.

Im hoping for atrain/trade for davenport, something along those lines, resign trotter, westbrook, burgess (although he gets hurt a lot too) and investigate another wr like porter or houshmenzada or something like that. tai streets would be good too I guess.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:51 pm

While we're talking about something that won't happen anyway, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Eagles signing SA and trading Westbrook away so Shaun could be featured. Cap hit would hurt a bit I'm sure but there would be some interested teams out there. Actually, getting A-train would be a very good idea. Buck is gone, no need to mention him anymore.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:46 pm

Owen, I still can't figure out why a Pats fan is wearing a paper bag.

WHAT THE F#@*?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:45 am

Azrael wrote:Owen, I still can't figure out why a Pats fan is wearing a paper bag.

WHAT THE F#@*?

lol See my revised location. I make bold wagers when I do and I'm bagging it the entire offseason. If Pats fans complain about the shirt then I can change it to my Rams.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk