Jags interested in Clarrett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jags interested in Clarrett

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:07 pm

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:08 pm

:-b

Good luck to them if they draft this injury prone chump
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:14 pm

I think they may have the future in Greg Jones...and I don't think Clarett will be in good physical condition. But hell they can draft who they want to draft...they just better be armed with lots of money and boosters to pay him even when he won't sign a contract... :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:50 pm

I've stated before that any Couch and/or Crouch rumors signified the start of the off-season, but I completely forgot about Clarrett.
Okay, we're now officially into the off-season.
Ahhhh...
;-)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:04 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:I think they may have the future in Greg Jones...and I don't think Clarett will be in good physical condition. But hell they can draft who they want to draft...they just better be armed with lots of money and boosters to pay him even when he won't sign a contract... :-D

Exactly. I loved Greg Jones and was hoping Dallas would have drafted him last year (although I'm completely happy with Julius Jones). I think Greg Jones could definitely end up being a top 3 RB out of his rookie class, with Kevin Jones, Julius Jones and Steven Jackson battling.

Greg Jones is 6'1" 250 but only has 5% body fat and runs a legit 4.5. THey need to give this man a look at feature back and see if they can kick Fragile Freddy to the curb.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:09 pm

bagobonez wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I think they may have the future in Greg Jones...and I don't think Clarett will be in good physical condition. But hell they can draft who they want to draft...they just better be armed with lots of money and boosters to pay him even when he won't sign a contract... :-D

Exactly. I loved Greg Jones and was hoping Dallas would have drafted him last year (although I'm completely happy with Julius Jones). I think Greg Jones could definitely end up being a top 3 RB out of his rookie class, with Kevin Jones, Julius Jones and Steven Jackson battling.

Greg Jones is 6'1" 250 but only has 5% body fat and runs a legit 4.5. THey need to give this man a look at feature back and see if they can kick Fragile Freddy to the curb.

Why would they want to kick Fred Taylor to the curb. He has a ton of talent and is a very good RB ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:12 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

Why would they want to kick Fred Taylor to the curb. He has a ton of talent and is a very good RB ;-D

Because he's unreliable and has a high cap number (I believe). Why would the Bills want to get rid of Travis Henry for that matter? Because if there's a better RB on the roster (McGahee), you don't want his high salary burning a hole in your pocket.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:28 pm

I would take a chance on him. Its not like we are talking about a first day pick. I bet Clarett will go in the fourth round at the earliest. Why not take a shot for that price?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:29 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I would take a chance on him. Its not like we are talking about a first day pick. I bet Clarett will go in the fourth round at the earliest. Why not take a shot for that price?

How about a headache in the clubhouse? Look what he was doing to Ohio State

Plus, this guy exemplifies the meaning of fragile. He's even had injury problems during his high school years. Plus being out of football for 2 years doesnt help the body get ready for the NFL
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:28 pm

TTTBone wrote:I've stated before that any Couch and/or Crouch rumors signified the start of the off-season, but I completely forgot about Clarrett.
Okay, we're now officially into the off-season.
Ahhhh...
;-)

I wanna hear the, Barry Sanders is coming back.......now thats the offseason.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk