Jags interested in Clarrett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Jags interested in Clarrett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:44 pm

I could see them being tempted in him..But I sure wouldn't be offering anything high for him. I would let someone else take the chance with him...Especially with Taylor and Jones.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:32 pm

i dont see why they would go for him..they have 2 capable backs already, and dont see the risk-reward factor being in their favor. they should probabaly be looking more along the lines of another reciever to compliment old man jimmy.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:43 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i dont see why they would go for him..they have 2 capable backs already, and dont see the risk-reward factor being in their favor. they should probabaly be looking more along the lines of another reciever to compliment old man jimmy.


They already have him. Two words man: Reggie Williams.
Image
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:54 pm

yeah i guess i forgot about him...probably cause he only grabbed one td last year. ok then...what about a TE? :-)
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:02 am

deluxe_247 wrote:yeah i guess i forgot about him...probably cause he only grabbed one td last year. ok then...what about a TE? :-)


I don't know...possibly. You could be right though...they might go after a big play receiver. They're offense averaged a pathetic 16 points a game or something like that this year. Either they go after a big play receiver with free agency or in the draft or Reggie Williams has to step up. That's the reason they drafted him in the first place.
Image
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:43 am

I would expect Jacksonville to go defense, particularly defensive end.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby JimmyChoi » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:52 am

I didn't see him going before the 4th or 5th rround with all of the competent rbs out there
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 562
Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:51 pm

bagobonez wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I think they may have the future in Greg Jones...and I don't think Clarett will be in good physical condition. But hell they can draft who they want to draft...they just better be armed with lots of money and boosters to pay him even when he won't sign a contract... :-D


Exactly. I loved Greg Jones and was hoping Dallas would have drafted him last year (although I'm completely happy with Julius Jones). I think Greg Jones could definitely end up being a top 3 RB out of his rookie class, with Kevin Jones, Julius Jones and Steven Jackson battling.

Greg Jones is 6'1" 250 but only has 5% body fat and runs a legit 4.5. THey need to give this man a look at feature back and see if they can kick Fragile Freddy to the curb.


Why would they want to kick Fred Taylor to the curb. He has a ton of talent and is a very good RB ;-D


Because he's unreliable and has a high cap number (I believe). Why would the Bills want to get rid of Travis Henry for that matter? Because if there's a better RB on the roster (McGahee), you don't want his high salary burning a hole in your pocket.


Fred Taylor is one of the most talented pure running backs in the NFL today. Don't let his fantasy numbers fool you.... A lot of people fail to realize that statistical production is not really a true measure of talent in the NFL.....Prime example of this is Shaun Alexander. Hell, look at the difference between Portis in Denver vs Portis in Washington. Fred Taylor has about as much chance of losing his job next season as Ahman Green. Virtually nil, barring a serious injury.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:42 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I think they may have the future in Greg Jones...and I don't think Clarett will be in good physical condition. But hell they can draft who they want to draft...they just better be armed with lots of money and boosters to pay him even when he won't sign a contract... :-D


Exactly. I loved Greg Jones and was hoping Dallas would have drafted him last year (although I'm completely happy with Julius Jones). I think Greg Jones could definitely end up being a top 3 RB out of his rookie class, with Kevin Jones, Julius Jones and Steven Jackson battling.

Greg Jones is 6'1" 250 but only has 5% body fat and runs a legit 4.5. THey need to give this man a look at feature back and see if they can kick Fragile Freddy to the curb.


Why would they want to kick Fred Taylor to the curb. He has a ton of talent and is a very good RB ;-D


Because he's unreliable and has a high cap number (I believe). Why would the Bills want to get rid of Travis Henry for that matter? Because if there's a better RB on the roster (McGahee), you don't want his high salary burning a hole in your pocket.


Fred Taylor is one of the most talented pure running backs in the NFL today. Don't let his fantasy numbers fool you.... A lot of people fail to realize that statistical production is not really a true measure of talent in the NFL.....Prime example of this is Shaun Alexander. Hell, look at the difference between Portis in Denver vs Portis in Washington. Fred Taylor has about as much chance of losing his job next season as Ahman Green. Virtually nil, barring a serious injury.


I totally agree! He has to be the most underated back out there.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby badger526 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:00 pm

I can see the Jags picking up Clarret. Greg Jones I don't think is the future. Unless he improves dramatically, he'll continue to play FB more than HB. His burst is not as good as it was when he was at FSU. Toefield is a decent RB, but it wouldn't hurt to have another future talent in Clarret in case Fred goes down or retires within the next couple years.
Image
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 140
Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:05 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact