Shut up Freddie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shut up Freddie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shut up Freddie

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:45 am

Dont let that Eagle green door hit ya on the way out Freddie....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1988154

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:59 am

don't get me started
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:42 am

Boy it just amazes me the stuff he says...I think he will be cut for sure this offseason..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:02 am

Freddie Mitchell wrote:"Now the thing that bothers me the most is you've got everybody talking now. ... I've got [Patriots coach Bill] Belichick even throwing remarks about me. It's like, 'Man, did I hurt you that bad that you have to go out and shout my name?' Troy Brown saying something, Mr. Belichick saying a little something. It's funny how I got under their skin."

a) Freddie, you can't tell me that antagonizing the other team was not one of the reasons you were saying all those things you said.

b) Obviously, it didn't do anything to them because they still beat you.

Keep your oven mitts on - you're going to need them. You'll have to cook dinner for yourself while you're not playing football next year. :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:13 am

Mercer Boy wrote:

Keep your oven mitts on - you're going to need them. You'll have to cook dinner for yourself while you're not playing football next year. :-t

Or for when hes working at Arbys in August.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:38 am

Moving on past the whole Fred Ex thing since he's just about the most retarded egotistical idiot that flat out can't back up his talk that I've ever seen. There was actually something worth mention in this story.

"Donovan, he dry heaves a lot when he gets under certain situations. It's happened before. It's happened in the NFC Championship game."

Seems Mcnabb has a tendency to "get sick" when he's under pressure...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bagobonez » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:23 am

Free Bagel wrote:Moving on past the whole Fred Ex thing since he's just about the most retarded egotistical idiot that flat out can't back up his talk that I've ever seen. There was actually something worth mention in this story.

"Donovan, he dry heaves a lot when he gets under certain situations. It's happened before. It's happened in the NFC Championship game."

Seems Mcnabb has a tendency to "get sick" when he's under pressure...

And you know, I think there's something to that. I think that affects his leadership qualities. When the rest of the team is looking to him for guidance and leadership in a key situation, and he's sitting there puking and about to pass out and can't talk, that doesn't inspire much confidence.

I remember hearing a story about Montana in one of the Super Bowls, I think it was the 49ers vs Bengals Super Bowl, and the 49ers were trying to re-capture the lead late in the game, and Montana was just as smooth as glass, looked up into the stands and said "Hey, there's John Candy." And the rest of the team was like "what?" and they were so surprised that Montana was so calm in the biggest situation of their careers, that they in turn calmed down and went and won the game.

McNabb's not a very good leader IMHO.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:35 am

ok -- first of all, its pretty well-established that freddie is a total idiot -- no one likes him, no one respects him, and he should find his way out. Its kind of beating a dead horse.

As for the freddie commnt about donovan -- why does everyone take this seriously -- cosnidering everyone just got done slamming the source, not two seconds before?

Maybe he came up short. But I wouldn't say someone with the career win percentage he has is a "Terrible" leader. One qb int he league wins more than him -- that's it -- and he is brady.

He didn't seem that problematic ont he "leadership" front on 4-26. He wasn't problematic in all those years where he had to account for 90 percent of the eagles offense. He has won his share of regular season and playoff games.

If he isn't a good leader, then the league consists of exactly ONE good leader -- Brady. I mean donovan has more wins than anyone else remaining. He also took the defending champs to the wire and played them much better than manning or anyone else really has.

I think he has his elements of shakiness, but to summarily say he is a "bad leader" is ridiculous.

What's the alternative? take out donovan and put in whom?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:54 am

eaglesrule wrote:ok -- first of all, its pretty well-established that freddie is a total idiot -- no one likes him, no one respects him, and he should find his way out. Its kind of beating a dead horse.

As for the freddie commnt about donovan -- why does everyone take this seriously -- cosnidering everyone just got done slamming the source, not two seconds before?

Maybe he came up short. But I wouldn't say someone with the career win percentage he has is a "Terrible" leader. One qb int he league wins more than him -- that's it -- and he is brady.

He didn't seem that problematic ont he "leadership" front on 4-26. He wasn't problematic in all those years where he had to account for 90 percent of the eagles offense. He has won his share of regular season and playoff games.

If he isn't a good leader, then the league consists of exactly ONE good leader -- Brady. I mean donovan has more wins than anyone else remaining. He also took the defending champs to the wire and played them much better than manning or anyone else really has.

I think he has his elements of shakiness, but to summarily say he is a "bad leader" is ridiculous.

What's the alternative? take out donovan and put in whom?

Since when do wins=leadership?

Yes, the Eagles have won a lot with Mcnabb at the helm. That's because Mcnabb is talented and they've got a great team built there. I think it's fairly clear however, that Mcnabb is not much of a "leader."

Ever seen Manning or Favre when they're team needs to score in a hurry? They're waiving their arms, telling guys what to do, calling the play, and getting guys on the line of scrimmage. It's amazing how little time they take in between plays when they need to because everyone else knows exactly what Manning/Favre wants them to do. It was pretty clear in the Super Bowl that when the Eagles were in a hurry, no one knew what was going on because the guy at the position of leadership on the field (QB) wasn't telling them.

Mcnabb got up slowly, kind of looking around like "ok what do you guys want to do here." Some guys were walking up to the line of scrimmage without a huddle, other guys were headed back to the huddle, and still other guys were kind of standing around wondering which they were supposed to be doing. Meanwhile Mcnabb was slowly getting up, or sitting on the ground, or walking slowly to nowhere in particular, and then slowly waltzing his way up to the line of scrimmage when they broke the huddle.

No, Brady is not the only better leader than Mcnabb. Brady's not even a guy that comes to mind when I here the word "leader." The guys that come to mind are Manning and Favre. They speak, everyone listens. They act, everyone follows. They're decisive.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:07 pm

you guys love your operational definitions that have now way of ever ever being quantified don't you? Farve, however, I forgot -- my bad. But even he has had his "choke moments"

Manning? Please. Maybe when he actually wins as many playoff games as mcnabb we can talk. He did less with more this year against the pats. He has as many big game raps against him as mcnabb, and his stretches back to college.

I'd say wins are definitely correllated to being a good leader -- to think otherwise is absoloutely moronic. Can you be a great leader without winning games? of course not. If you are a good leader and a team asset, wins follow. They are certianly a more reliable indicator than simply asserting that a quality like leadership exists and claiming certain people "have it" or "don't have it" without anyway to point to it. Obviously, it is an abstract concept, but seriously -- wins and track record point more to leadership than gut feelings.

I would say that given the philly organization was absoloutely in shambles prior to mcnabb getting drafted, and they have climbed out of the hole with him at the helm and building around him.

He is the focal point of the second winningest franchise since 2000. He has led the eagles to a good amount of playoff victories, monday nigth football games, you name it. He has had his share of game winning drives, some regular season, some playoffs. If he is a chokler, explain the presence of midn he had on the 4th and 26th play. explain how he choked again against the vikes and atlanta this year.

Explain how playign the champs to within three when everyone calling for a blow out -- is a choke. It doesn't make logical sense in the least. WIthout him, they wouldn't even be in said game. They weren't favored to win -- he did the best he could. And incidentally, yea they wasted some clock, but he still got the td. Goign 3 and out, and the time issue is moot anyway.

Why is it when donovan loses, he is a choker, but everyone else -- it is just a loss? It is such a double standard.

I guess he didn't have leadership all through last season when the team was spiriling down, he was hurt, fending off media coverage due to Rush etc. I'd say he showed excellent poise at various spots last season -- he almost willed the eagles out of their funk. He willed the eagles to win a game int he playoffs last year they had no business winning. He helmed the offense that destroyed everyone in their conference and their two playoff opponents prior t the pats -- and played the pats much better than anyone else has -- especially when the pats wer eheavily favored.

I guess he is some kind of scrubby leader then. Ok... obviously your mind is made up, so I'll drop it. But don't kid yourself, his teammates and coaches put the utmost faith in him, he has perforemd over time and there are 30 teams behind the eagles right now essentially. so if he is a crummy leader there are a lot of crummy leaders in the league.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk