Shut up Freddie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shut up Freddie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:09 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:Maybe I am stupid, but please explain the MORE with less?

Here's the explanation, perhaps I didn't make this clear before:

Harrison, Stokley, Wayne > (far greater) TO, Pinkston, MItchell

Also,
Pollard and Clark > Chad Lewis and LJ Smith

Thus, Peyton Manning had more weapons, better weapons to work with than McNabb. That's the Less part, McNabb had less to work with. The More part:

Partriots 24 Eagles 21
Patriots 20 Colts 3

McNabb's leadership was being compared to Manning. This one point does not make the entire debate, but the point is that in the playoffs McNabb did more with less than Manning did. As shown by their common opponent.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:25 pm

maddog60 wrote:Harrison, Stokley, Wayne > (far greater) TO, Pinkston, MItchell

Harrison < TO (he proved the injury wasn't a factor so it can't be used as an excuse)

Wayne > Mitchell

Stokley > Pinkston

Wayne and Stokley probably would not be considered as good as they are if it wasn't Manning throwing them the ball.

maddog60 wrote:Also, Pollard and Clark > Chad Lewis and LJ Smith

Not by much if at all. Pollard is an old man and Clark hasn't emerged yet. Again, I say these players are considered "better" because Manning is better so he ups their stats.

Just a guess, but if Manning were on the Eagles, I think it would be:
TO >> Harrison
Mitchell = Wayne
Pinkston > Stokley
Lewis, Smith >> Pollard, Clark
Again though, this is simply my opinion and it could never be proven.

maddog60 wrote:The More part:

Partriots 24 Eagles 21
Patriots 20 Colts 3

Let's see can you compare 15-20 degrees (windchill in the negatives) and snow to 50-60 degrees and clear skies?

maddog60 wrote:McNabb's leadership was being compared to Manning. This one point does not make the entire debate, but the point is that in the playoffs McNabb did more with less than Manning did. As shown by their common opponent.

A loss is a loss. Manning also didn't waste valuable time off the clock (leadership skill) on the last drive when he was only down by three points. Again, I won't say (and never will) that McNabb is a bad leader, but I'll take Manning over McNabb in any category except being mobile any day.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:26 pm

OK so given that they were a common opponent, are you saying the weather, conditions, and home field advantage played no part of the Colts game? These factors were neutralized in the Super Bowl in my opinion, and working against the Colts.

I am by no means making excuses for the Colts. All I am trying to say is that 3 points vs. 21 points is not accurate to gauge offenses on a level playing field. That is like saying Pittsburgh has a better offense than the Colts do too, since they scored more on New England. I don't think you would make that argument.

Also that it really doesn't matter if they scored 100, both teams lost to the Patriots.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:23 pm

See his latest comments?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... index.html

Shut up, Freddy.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:29 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:See his latest comments?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... index.html

Shut up, Freddy.

I liked this in the article: "Was Dre' Bly actually trying when Marvin Harrison went by him like he was in quicksand on Harrison's 66-yard post-pattern TD catch from Peyton Manning?"

I was wondering the same thing when Ward ran right by him on the onside kick. He tried stripping the ball from him instead of tackling him. He looked pretty feeble there. I think he may have been able to prevent the touchdown. But he went for the ball and took himself out of the play by going for the ball, and then couldn't make the tackle either.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:32 pm

The next thing Freddie will be saying is "would you like fries with that?"

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:30 pm

mutantseabass wrote:The next thing Freddie will be saying is "would you like fries with that?"

Sad, in a way. I mean, his team just got beat, and he only caught one pass in the whole game. And he even "gave" Harrison an interception. I guess he trys to bring himself out of the doldrums by spouting nonsense.

The best part was his comment about Belichick talking trash. What kind of person is he, Freddy? He's the kind of guy who talks trash after he's earned that right.

What a fool.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 pm

mutantseabass wrote:The next thing Freddie will be saying is "would you like fries with that?"

not smart enough
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:19 pm

Honestly, I don't think Mitchell is being an idiot anymore. At first, I thought he was carrying on stupidly after a bad performance in the superbowl. Now, I really think he's purposely spouting this ridiculousness with a purpose: to get traded. Now, you can claim it's stupid for Mitchell to want to be traded off the Eagles, and I think Jon Welborn can tell him a little about how smart a move that is, but his actual trash talking is obviously a creative and well if you want to be traded, smart (though I only use it for lack of a better word) way to get Andy Reid to send you packing.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Demented Avenger » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:25 am

A better way to get traded would be to underperform, say something like 20 catches and 400 yards on the season.

I think it's a stretch to say his comments are an elaborate, well-thought-out plan to get traded... if he really wanted to get traded, I think that if he just asked that nobody would put up much of a fuss.
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk