Shut up Freddie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shut up Freddie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:46 am

Pretty stupid way to get traded, but then again Freddie is pretty stupid. Making comments like that just make him more unattractive to a potential suitor, if thats even possible.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:40 am

I don't think the NFL can make trades with Arena teams, otherwise how does Freddie expect to get traded?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:24 am

maddog60 wrote:Honestly, I don't think Mitchell is being an idiot anymore. At first, I thought he was carrying on stupidly after a bad performance in the superbowl. Now, I really think he's purposely spouting this ridiculousness with a purpose: to get traded. Now, you can claim it's stupid for Mitchell to want to be traded off the Eagles, and I think Jon Welborn can tell him a little about how smart a move that is, but his actual trash talking is obviously a creative and well if you want to be traded, smart (though I only use it for lack of a better word) way to get Andy Reid to send you packing.

Interesting point, but I'm not sure who would want him at this point... The Eagles will probably have to cut him.

And if it's an elaborate ploy, it's quite elaborate--he did call Peter King back...
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Mitchell recently told Sports Illustrated's Peter King that "the Patriots aren't that good," the Courier-Post reports.

Recommendation: "To me, the Patriots are not that good," Mitchell said. "We turn it over four times, and still they only beat us by three. We're the better team. But we turned it over too much. A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good. T.O. was hurt, and he still scorched them for over 100 yards." The offsesaon may have started for NFL players, but apparently Mitchell's mouth didn't get the memo. If trash talking were a fantasy category, Mitchell would be a stud, but 22 catches in 16 regular season games and one catch in the Super Bowl are evidence that he makes more noise off the field than on it. (Rotowire.com)

News: Eagles' wide receiver Freddie Mitchell is still letting his words speak louder than his actions. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Mitchell claims the Eagles would defeat the Patriots eight times in a 10-game series. "We turn it over four times, and they still only beat us by three," he said. "We're the better team. But we turned it over too much. A good team crushes that Patriots team. I'm telling you, they're not that good." Mitchell had one reception for 11 yards in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots.

Views: This is the same Freddie Mitchell who is still a backup receiver despite being a first-round draft pick four years ago. He's been a bust, but apparently no one has bothered to tell him that. His ego is so out of hand that some fans have started a website to promote gear suggesting that the Eagles trade Freddie. The only problem with that idea is that it's hard to imagine the team getting much in return for a player with limited skills and a diarrhea of the mouth problem. (Fanball.com)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:45 pm

The Lung wrote:
Mitchell recently told Sports Illustrated's Peter King that "the Patriots aren't that good," the Courier-Post reports.

Recommendation: "To me, the Patriots are not that good," Mitchell said. "We turn it over four times, and still they only beat us by three. We're the better team. But we turned it over too much. A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good. T.O. was hurt, and he still scorched them for over 100 yards." The offsesaon may have started for NFL players, but apparently Mitchell's mouth didn't get the memo. If trash talking were a fantasy category, Mitchell would be a stud, but 22 catches in 16 regular season games and one catch in the Super Bowl are evidence that he makes more noise off the field than on it. (Rotowire.com)

News: Eagles' wide receiver Freddie Mitchell is still letting his words speak louder than his actions. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Mitchell claims the Eagles would defeat the Patriots eight times in a 10-game series. "We turn it over four times, and they still only beat us by three," he said. "We're the better team. But we turned it over too much. A good team crushes that Patriots team. I'm telling you, they're not that good." Mitchell had one reception for 11 yards in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots.

Views: This is the same Freddie Mitchell who is still a backup receiver despite being a first-round draft pick four years ago. He's been a bust, but apparently no one has bothered to tell him that. His ego is so out of hand that some fans have started a website to promote gear suggesting that the Eagles trade Freddie. The only problem with that idea is that it's hard to imagine the team getting much in return for a player with limited skills and a diarrhea of the mouth problem. (Fanball.com)

That is a brilliant way to put it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:47 pm

Well, he is sort of right on the turnover thing. The Pats played pretty bad early on, and had the Eagles not made stupid decisions like the back to back INTs, I think we are talking about the Eagles as Super Bowl champs. It just seems like teams start turning the ball over when they play the Pats, for no rhyme or reason.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:45 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Well, he is sort of right on the turnover thing. The Pats played pretty bad early on, and had the Eagles not made stupid decisions like the back to back INTs, I think we are talking about the Eagles as Super Bowl champs. It just seems like teams start turning the ball over when they play the Pats, for no rhyme or reason.

Exactly, teams tend to give a lot of turnovers to New England. I am not, and would never say that New England isn't good, but that first INT by McNabb was a gift, especially given where the Eagles were on the field, about to score.

I think too many teams are mistified by New England and feel the need to force things. If teams could settle down, just play, and not give New England anything I think they are very beatable. That doesn't happen though so I guess this is a mute point.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk