Arizona Loooking At 3 Different "NEW" qb's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona Loooking At 3 Different "NEW" qb's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arizona Loooking At 3 Different "NEW" qb's

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:48 am

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:53 am

I have to guess that Green thinks Garcia is the way to go. He knows the West Coast offense, he's mobile, and he can get the ball to the big receivers. It's too bad that they might bench McCown, but winning now is the way of the NFL.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:57 am

Those are 3 pretty interesting choices..My guess might be Brad Johnson, since he had him as a QB before and is familiar with him.

Brees may come at the highest expense if he gets franchised. Garcia is getting up there (like Johnson) and seems to be kind of injury prone. I think it will be interesting. They have some choices that is for sure.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:05 am

Good call on Johnson...if he has loyalties to old players, he would probably lean his way. I guess I just thought Garcia would be better than Johnson would because he hasn't been very good for several years and is getting up there in age (36 for Johnson, 34 for Garcia).

Or it could be the subconscious homerism... :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:46 pm

Johnson makes the most sense. Green is very familiar with him, he can still throw the long ball and get the most out of Fitz and Quan, and he is used to being a backup so if McCown wins the job, Johnson will be a great backup. I don't think Garcia is a very good fit, especially with Green trying to make an "attitude change" and Brees is too expensive after being franchised, especially since the Cards want a RB first and that will cost them some coin.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:56 pm

Haha, that would be funny if Garcia were to go to the Cardinals. For a much whining as that guy does, it would be amusing to see him whine in Arizona like crazy

But, it actually might be a good fit since he "loves" the west coast offense
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:01 pm

I'm hoping they still give McCown a fair chance. He's young, mobile, talented and exciting. Give the guy a chance to do something, Denny!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:51 pm

All these guys could help a great deal, but I'd give McCown another chance. If his receivers acheive full health, and they get a new RB, he could be real e next season.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:00 pm

Man Brad Johnson would be solid. I am a big Larry Fitzgerald fan and the addition of Brad Johnson coupled with a possible Boldin holdout could spell big things.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Cafe Pics

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:54 am

Man Mercer, you one UUglly Dude!!

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk