No Franchise tag for LaMont jordan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

No Franchise tag for LaMont jordan

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:18 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:The Raiders want everybody. My best guess is that he's going to the Cardinals.

I actually disagree a lot w/ that. Denny doesnt like the power running game, he is more for the quick RB who can break any play wide open. Thats why a trade for Bennett was potentially likely.

Of course, if he cant get that kind of back, he would take a more pure power runner, but I dont think that would be his first choice
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

LaMont

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:45 am

The News
The Raiders are prepared to make a ''strong offer'' to Jets running back LaMont Jordan.

Our Take
His keeper value is about to go through the roof. Oakland is the best fit. Whether he lands in Tampa, Oakland, or Arizona, Jordan should have a chance for 200+ carries next season.

RotoWorld.com

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby vdragon78 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:00 pm

i think the Jets made a big mistake.

Martin can't possibly keep this up for another year.. This should be Jordan's year to take over the future.

Abraham is a whiny bitch who wouldn't play 2 weeks after he was cleared to play by the medical staff because he was afraid to hurt his chances for a free agent contract. In the regular season, i can sorta understand it, but in the playoffs????????? c'mon. :-t :-t :-t

The D line held it's own without him making him expendable.

the jets should've packaged Abraham and picks for Randy Moss. (They're gonna overpay Abraham so the money would be comparable).

then trade Martin for picks, and get another young RB in the draft.

damn! i should be a gm.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:32 pm

vdragon78 wrote:i think the Jets made a big mistake.

Martin can't possibly keep this up for another year.. This should be Jordan's year to take over the future.

Abraham is a whiny bitch who wouldn't play 2 weeks after he was cleared to play by the medical staff because he was afraid to hurt his chances for a free agent contract. In the regular season, i can sorta understand it, but in the playoffs????????? c'mon. :-t :-t :-t

The D line held it's own without him making him expendable.

the jets should've packaged Abraham and picks for Randy Moss. (They're gonna overpay Abraham so the money would be comparable).

then trade Martin for picks, and get another young RB in the draft.

damn! i should be a gm.

Another Giants fan who thinks he knows everything.

The Jets still might trade Abraham and picks for Moss. That might be their plan right now.

I don't understand how you can say Martin won't keep this up for another year. So maybe he doesn't rush for 1697 yards and 12TDs. I'll take 1400 yards and 10 Tds. Give the guy some credit. He led the league in rushing as a 31 year old.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby vdragon78 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:56 pm

what's the matter... only Jets fans' opinions should be heard???

i give martin all the credit in the world. He was amazing this year. He might do it again next year, but he cannot do it 2-3 years down the road.

they might still trade abraham, but they wasted a franchise tag on him which they could've used on Jordan.

Now Jordan will definitely walk because he's unhappy playing 2nd string...

ps.. i'm a fan of both the jets and the giants.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JimmyChoi » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:07 pm

Abraham is a vital component of the D even though he is sort of a bitch......However, we have to address the RB situation....Martin will be 47 and still trying to get 400 carries.......
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

lamont

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:46 pm

The way I see it if Jordan is unhappy backing up the leagues leading rusher, let his whiney ass kick mud. :-t

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: lamont

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:28 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:The way I see it if Jordan is unhappy backing up the leagues leading rusher, let his whiney ass kick mud. :-t

If I was of Jordan's caliber, I wouldn't be happy backing up anyone.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: lamont

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:10 am

VHawk15 wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:The way I see it if Jordan is unhappy backing up the leagues leading rusher, let his whiney ass kick mud. :-t

If I was of Jordan's caliber, I wouldn't be happy backing up anyone.

i agree. jordan has talent, and he feels, rightfully so, like its being wasted. as a running back in the nfl, his time is limited to make something happen. if i were him i would want to go somewhere that i had a shot to play, not be benched behind a future hall of famer.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:55 am

I would've agreed with letting Lamont take the reigns this year and trading Martin to improve the team overall. Drafting a guy with the talent to be a full-time RB and then never playing him for 20-30 carries and just letting him go after being a backup several years is not good management. Now they need to spend another high pick on another eventual Curtis Martin replacement.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk