Porter opts for F.A. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Porter opts for F.A.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:07 pm

not at all -- but I think it is ignorant on your part given the realites of the league. it is rumored that the eagles are after him, could use him and have the money to make it happen.

I don't see what is so bad about that.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JimmyChoi » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:09 pm

hELL NO....i mean going to the jets(big question mark) I don't give a rats ass about minny :-) ;-)
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flockers » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:14 pm

eaglesrule wrote:not at all -- but I think it is ignorant on your part given the realites of the league. it is rumored that the eagles are after him, could use him and have the money to make it happen.

I don't see what is so bad about that.

I still think he'll end up to the Vikings. They are $30 million under the cap and they have the most to offer because of their killer offense and Pro Bowl QB.

Yes, Culpepper is better than McNabb, easily.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:39 am

I also see Porter in Minny if Moss leaves, depending on price tag. Ravens another definitely possibilty. Regardless of what happens, Curry is going to be a great WR next year. He's my sleeper WR. Collins LOVES the guy and he is really talented.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:49 am

eaglesrule wrote:not to be stupid, but I think he may find a home on philly. pinky is a good situational threat when owens (or someone else to draw attention) -- but not a real number 2. lewis is a year away, and mitchell should be out the door. a vertical threat of porter's ability coupled with owens, and the dual threats that donovan and westbrook provide would be damn hard to stop.

I think the Eagles will pick up someone, but I'm not so assured they'd go after such a big name. Remember, we gots lots of key players to resign yet, and that Corey Simon franchise tag is going to hinder that cap space alot (why Reid, why did you tag this underperforming chump to an overpaid salary?).

Consider high priorities have to be: Westbrook, Trotter, Tra Thomas, Jon Ritchie, Mayberry, Keith Adams, Burgess, and Chad Lewis. That's alot of people. Now the Eagles can probably afford to not bother with Mayberry, possibly let Burgess go if he wants too much, and let LJ Smith take over Chad Lewis's role. Even then, that's still alot of resigning to do before we even think about a FA splash.

I think the Eagles will end up with a lesser WR than Jerry Porter. He's the 2nd best going into Free Agency, so he'll get lots of money thrown his way by plenty of teams.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:38 pm

ok, not trying to overtake this thread with eagles stuff -- so if we want to discuss it past this,. maybe we can make a thread for it.

I don't honestly think it will happen either -- but it is a possiblity, rumors are such that he wants to play with them, and picking upa young wr to seque as TO ages would be wise -- given reid' s track record at drafting wr's (mitchell over wayne, chambers, chad johnson etc)

they have their own FA's --but banner said they will start with about 24 million. The reason the signed simon is that even though he would be overpriced (and he isn't that good) -- it is a terrible year from what I understand for dt's in the draft, and a lot of teams that need that position also have the cap space to sign him. So basically, they can't afford to let him leave and have a rival improve with a lesser option to replace him. not when they have space to do something about it/prevent that. Plus tagging him means that there might be a lsight chance to entertain a trade. I thought it was a savvy move actually.

This is a big year fro both Free Agent backs and rb's in the draft. Westbrook won't come cheaply -- but they will be able to work it out -- he isn't the top choice for a lot of teams as it is, plus he is a RFA, so I doubt teams will go after him too hard, not when you could draft or sign someone.

Trotter is a big ?? mark, but will he make the same mistake twice? That would be absurd. he is a great fit for philly, and learned his mistake. I bet he signs a reasoanble deal.

I doubt lewis gets resinged, adams probably won't be, parry won't be either. the eagles will probably almost definitely cut wayne and a few others, not to mention they could probably let mayberry go.

seems like the priority would be simon, thomas, westbrook, trotter -- with 24 million about. If you can get ritchie cheaply, they will do that too.

they can most definitely sign someone like porter -- if they wanted to.

Im not sure that is the best move, but itsn't out of the question, and I have heard rumors like that on more than one equation.

I'd rather them do that than sign alexander or something.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelyeri » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:12 am

He always said that he would test the market. But he also said he likes playing in Oakland and would give the raiders every chance to re-sign him. I think he stays put. He and Collins really got it going in the last half of the season.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk