Cleveland Patroits?

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:59 pm

Cleveland going after yet another Patroit coach....Mangini

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/10868840.htm?1c

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:02 pm

The link wants you to sign up so you can't actually read the article. But I've been hearing about this all day on the radio. He is going to be here(Cleveland) tomorrow for talks.

You gotta take from the best. Looks great to me ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:04 pm

J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:07 pm

Posted on Thu, Feb. 10, 2005

Browns set to offer Mangini defensive coordinator job

Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio - The Cleveland Browns plan to offer another member of the New England Patriots a coaching job.

General manager Phil Savage said he expected to meet with Patriots defensive backs coach Eric Mangini on Friday when the team would offer him the defensive coordinator job.

Mangini is considered one of the league's rising coaching stars and met Thursday with the Miami Dolphins.

Savage also said the team expected to meet with Cowboys assistant coach Maurice Carthon about joining Romeo Crennel's staff as an offensive coordinator. Carthon ran Bill Parcells' offense in Dallas the past two seasons.

Crennel met with Cleveland's assistant coaches Thursday and told them they still have a job with the team until told otherwise, Savage said.

Savage added to his own staff Thursday, naming Bill Rees as director of player personnel.

Rees joins the Browns after four years with San Francisco where he was the 49ers' director of player personnel last season. He has also worked in scouting roles for Chicago Bears and Kansas City Chiefs.

The 49-year-old previously spent 15 years with UCLA as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.

Rees said he and Savage share the same philosophies on players and also have the same overall vision for the team.

Rees replaces director of pro personnel Jeremy Green, son of Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green, and director of college personnel Phil Neri.

There ya go the link works for me and i dont subscribe.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:46 pm

Its either us or the Dolphins. The Ace in the Hole is that Mangini's wife is Indians GM's Wife's sister...lol

With the $$ Lerner will put out for Mang and the thought of a happy family together again, I see him agreeing to terms by tomorrow.

Plus, with RC at 57, Mang could be the heri-apparent to our HC spot within 5yrs. ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:35 pm

Slowkidz wrote:Its either us or the Dolphins. The Ace in the Hole is that Mangini's wife is Indians GM's Wife's sister...lol

With the $$ Lerner will put out for Mang and the thought of a happy family together again, I see him agreeing to terms by tomorrow.

Plus, with RC at 57, Mang could be the heri-apparent to our HC spot within 5yrs. ;-D

R u from Cleveland? or do u listen to Kenny Roda? Cuz he said the exact same thing! ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slowkidz » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:10 pm

J2thez929 wrote:R u from Cleveland? or do u listen to Kenny Roda? Cuz he said the exact same thing! ;-D

hehehe...I'm just that well connected. ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Cleveland Browns