Online Poker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Online Poker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:50 pm

I am not personally a fan of party poker.

here is my story- Basically there was a discrepancy with a credit card i used (had an old adress on it), and i had to send in like 10 documents confirming my identity. After i did this they still did not unlock my account, and i had about 70 bucks in there. They simply hang up on me when i call.

Screw em.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:17 pm

a friend of mine at my dorm, whose addicted to party poker, got drunk and started to play... just sort of going through the motions.

He woke up, sobered, and found he had won 2K.

I'd like to say that's a BS story, but sadly, its not.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:36 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:a friend of mine at my dorm, whose addicted to party poker, got drunk and started to play... just sort of going through the motions.

He woke up, sobered, and found he had won 2K.

I'd like to say that's a BS story, but sadly, its not.

Wow, that's... well... lucky.

I play at PartyPoker too but for fake money.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:38 pm

to be fair, he did lose a k or so the next day.... :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:22 am

I think what I'm about to type I have typed several times... :-S

I use Pokerroom.com also, but I haven't gone there for several months. I'm just too paranoid to actually give them real money, so I just play for fun. It bothers me though; if you try to play the "correct" way (like actually raising the pot if you have 2 good starting cards), you get warned or yelled at. Hello? Maybe I don't want some crappy hand getting lucky and winning the pot? Other than that, it's a pretty good time waster.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:24 am

I play with play money at party poker. My handle is orangeman15 if you are ever in there. Play money kinda sucks though because no one cares if they go all in and lose, they just buy back in. Really hard to develop much skill unless you use real money.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Tyr » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:24 am

I've been using pokerroom.com for quite awhile now. I guess around a year and a half or so.

I like the GUI a lot, and the people that play there aren't as bad/annoying as the kids on partypoker. The only real problem I've had with pokerroom is every few months there will be a week or so that the servers absolutely crawl. Latency gets so bad sometimes that people will be d/ced from tourneys and tables.

It's improved a lot over the last few months, but there are still periods that the latency is very noticeable.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LBJackal » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:43 am

Everybody complains about Party Poker... what exactly is the problem with it? I only sue play money for now, and I've tried PokerRoom but the table and everything just looks so dark and confusing... party poker is so simple. But I guess I jsut find it strange taht everybody hates party poker... is it because it's popular, so it's cool to not like it?
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tyr » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:53 am

I tried partypoker when I was having issues with pokerroom, and every table I joined had the most obnoxious people I've ever played online with.. and this is table after table of play.

I may be antisocial or paranoid or something, but when I join a $5 or more table to play 7 Card or Hold 'Em, the last thing I expect is for a bunch of childish yapping. I frequently feel like there is blatant cheating on tables with a lot chattering, as well. If these players are so friendly with each other, and we're playing with mid level stakes, how do I know they're not sitting on AIM or right next to each other in a LAN or dorm and passing hand information?

Just having that happen every once in awhile wouldn't be enough for me to actively bash on partypoker, but it has happened repeatedly.

Cashing out also seems to take longer there. I primarily use NETeller, and instead of the normal 2-3 business day delay to move the money from my poker account to neteller to my bank, on partypoker I had to wait 6 *business* days (8 regular days) for payment to go through. I haven't gone back since.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:23 pm

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I didn't want to post yet another poker thread.

Anyone play on pokerroom.com? I'm trying to find more people to play with in the Sit N go tournaments for play money...more serious players. Because I'm tired of seeing J4o go all in pre flop on the first hand and have 3 callers...ergh nobody knows how to play.

Let me know ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk