Return to Football Talk

SI Mock.

Moderator: Football Moderators

SI Mock.

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:24 pm

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:30 pm

Edwards is the consensus top WR in the draft?

I thought there was still quite a debate on that with Williams having an edge right now. Not that I mind the Bears getting Braylon. Clayton also seems low as the fifth WR taken.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:32 pm

Couple of things stand out here.

-I don't see Derrick Johnson falling to 13th

-Troy Williamson to Car at 14 :-?

-Dan Cody at 7 seems a little too early for me
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:38 pm

That's a pretty good mock, there's not a heck of a lot of screw-ups that I can see. But of course nothing is perfect so here's the faults I see with it:

One is probably Derrick Johnson being taken at 13, that's pretty late for him. The only other big screw up I see is Pac Man Jones being taken before Antrel Rolle. Rolle is the best cornerback available in the draft by a mile. Cody might be a bit too early as well, I think Erasmus James is better than him. Heath Miller went a little late, I see him going top 20. And I'm also surprised at some of the cornerbacks taken before Justin Miller.

Okay so there were some problems with it, but as I said nothing is perfect. And of course I love us taking Thomas Davis with the 16th pick, oh yeaaah man. Hopefully he falls that far though.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:38 pm

I can't see Rolle lasting until the Lions, can't see Williams lasting until 14th, and Johnson lasting til 13th..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:05 pm

I like the Cheesehead Mock better. Does Sports Illustrated even know what these teams need? It doesn't seem like it. I don't know why on earth Seattle would take a DE with investments in Wistrom and Okeafor already, and a linebacker corps in desperate need of Channing Crowder.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:18 pm

I dont see Heath Falling all the way to Pitt, although i wouldnt mind it, I dont see Rolle falling to Detroit. The Lions need safety help more than Cb help.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:26 pm

Overall, it's a pretty solid mock. I've never read a mock where I agreed with every pick on the board, so this one's not bad. The only picks that really stood out as being strange were Derrick Johnson falling to 13th and Clayton at 27th. Somehow, I don't see Johnson or Clayton lasting that long. I like McFadden going to the Colts, he's a solid DB and should bolster our defense a little.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm

Derrick Johnson is the best player in this draft. However, he may very well fall that far in the real thing, due to the needs of the teams before the 13th pick. Actually, i wouldnt be surpised if he fell to the Saints... theyd certainly snatch him up, and thatd be the steal of the draft.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:29 pm

I don't like this mock... just when I think its sounds interesting, they do something so dumb I am forced to shake my head.

Dan Cody at 7? Maybe... not hating too much at that one.

Mike at 12? Probably not.

Erasmus James at 11? Maybe... but if Johnson, Davis or Willaims were on the board (which they... um... ALL were), they would most definitely get one of them. DJ is the best player in the draft.

Williamson is a little high.

DJ at 13... Davis at 16... seems way unlikely. If DJ falls to 13, I'll cry myself to sleep that Dallas didn't pick them up. But it wont happen. Because DJ is a top FIVE pick... eight at most.

After a solid senior bowl workout, Clayton seems a little low.

Other than that, I guess the draft does have some nice picks. Brown to STL. Roddy White to Balt. Looks good. But it needs some twerking. I'm sure it will be much better after FA though when the question marks are filled.

HOWEVER,

remember this... in last years mock, SI had Baltimore trading up to 22 to grab Steven Jackson.

And that was their final mock.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk