SI Mock. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

SI Mock.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:48 pm

As much as my Rams need D, I'd love to get an OT to replace Turley so Bulger doesn't get AS killed. Of course, there are still problems with the middle of the line. Oy!

And I guarantee you DJ won't make it out of the top 10. Somebody will blink and go best player available or somebody will move up.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:33 pm

Sports Illustrated is one of the worst ever. Derrick Johnson probably won't make it past Cleveland at #3, let alone Dallas at #11
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:43 pm

bagobonez wrote:Sports Illustrated is one of the worst ever. Derrick Johnson probably won't make it past Cleveland at #3, let alone Dallas at #11

im pretty sure cleveland is eyeing a quarterback, and certainly a tackle before an OLB. I know Parcells really like Marcus Spears, and i havent checked who Dallas took in this mock, im gonna go do that now. I may edit this post.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:30 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Sports Illustrated is one of the worst ever. Derrick Johnson probably won't make it past Cleveland at #3, let alone Dallas at #11

im pretty sure cleveland is eyeing a quarterback, and certainly a tackle before an OLB. I know Parcells really like Marcus Spears, and i havent checked who Dallas took in this mock, im gonna go do that now. I may edit this post.

Actually DJ is on the rader here in Cleveland. Romeo could use him in his new 3-4. Just a little FYI
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:43 pm

in my mock... both Miami and SF nab QBs (as Miami will likely get somebody for RB, and therefore not need Benson...), so Cleveland sure wouldn't be eyeing Frye or Campbell at #3. Derrick Johnson will go to Cleveland... maybe.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:02 am

If I was Cleveland I would grab Derrick Johnson. Linebacker is one of the most important positions in football. Who has won the last 3 out of 4 Super Bowls? The Patriots, and that team is built around their linebackers.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:08 pm

This is so frusterating for me!

Please, put into words, why Johnson is so much of a stretch at 13?!?!

What is everyone's infatuation with this guy for?

He is the best LB in the draft, but to say he is the 3rd best player in the class?!?!

Drafting Johnson as the 3rd overall pick would be a HUGE mistake. 11 is realistic, but the Cowboys should focus on the secondary.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:24 pm

I agree that DJ is the best player in this draft (regardless of position) but I really doubt that Cleveland will ignore their hole at QB.

Braylon has passed Mike Williams on most mocks, I am debating which one to send to the Bears as I have liked Braylon better all along. I think that Mike Williams will work out well though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:42 pm

I can see the Browns taking DJ. Romeo has said he wants to bring in the 3-4. He is going to need linebackers for that. But yes, the Browns are hurting at quarterback and could use Smith or Rodgers. Badly.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikehunt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:02 pm

I just wanted to through in that there is very few LB's that ever go top 10 in the draft and those that do are really good. Do by this is DJ the next Lavar (1st rd 2nd) selection cause if he is the he is worth a top ten pick if not. then maybe later in the draft is better.

Also like to add besides a qb, browns might have to shop for a CB if Henry is gone. but the dogs have a lot of holes to fill.

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk