Brian Mitchell Retires...Hall of Famer? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Mitchell Retires...Hall of Famer?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:00 am

To answer your question, Mercer, Steve Tasker is not in the Hall of Fame. I think Mitchell does indeed belong in the Hall, as well as Tasker. But if the greatest punter of all-time, Ray Guy, can't get in, what chance does Mitchell really have?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:44 pm

I think he should definitely get in. If you're the best at any (positive) role in football, you belong in the HOF.

Pretty cool about him signing a one day contract with Washington so he can retire as a Redskin. I guess this might be a common practice and I just didn't know about it, but I hadn't heard of it before.

Sporting News wrote:Brian Mitchell - RB, NY Giants
Mitchell will sign a one-day contract with the Redskins next week in order to retire with the team.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 pm

awwchrist wrote:Brian Mitchell should get in before Micheal Irvin.

}:-)

Zing! :-b
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:48 pm

Gunslinger wrote:I think he should definitely get in. If you're the best at any (positive) role in football, you belong in the HOF.

Pretty cool about him signing a one day contract with Washington so he can retire as a Redskin. I guess this might be a common practice and I just didn't know about it, but I hadn't heard of it before.

Mitchell will sign a one-day contract with the Redskins next week in order to retire with the team.

It happens all the time. Emmitt will do it, Steve Buerlein did it with the Panthers, and there are lots of other guys that do it as well.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:41 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:I think he should definitely get in. If you're the best at any (positive) role in football, you belong in the HOF.

It happens all the time. Emmitt will do it, Steve Buerlein did it with the Panthers, and there are lots of other guys that do it as well.

Now that you mention it, I do remember something about Buerlein doing it, too.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:26 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Brian Mitchell should get in before Micheal Irvin.

i was just going to say this

im on that bandwagon :-)

Amen! ;-D
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk