ESPN's latest mock - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

ESPN's latest mock

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:25 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:That was the 2nd one in a row with the Bears taking Braylon too...Didn't they learn with David Terrell?


This is a rediculous argument! If you don't think the Bears should take Edwards your argument should be that Williams is a better WR, not that Edwards and Terrell went to the same school.

Are the Bears never supposed to draft a Michigan player again just because Terrell was a bust? A-Train did well for us.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:56 pm

Jeebus, CC could get a job with these fellas' and set them straight!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Posts: 4257
Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:40 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:This is a rediculous argument! If you don't think the Bears should take Edwards your argument should be that Williams is a better WR, not that Edwards and Terrell went to the same school.

Are the Bears never supposed to draft a Michigan player again just because Terrell was a bust? A-Train did well for us.


You're right that the Bears should not avoid Edwards just because he's from Michigan. The problem, though, is that a lot of what I read about Edwards says, although he's very talented, he drops the easy balls, is occasionally immature and doesn't always have his head in the game. The Bears already have a guy fitting that description.

Hopefully the Bears have looked at him enough to decide if he can develop the maturity and consistency it takes to succeed in the NFL. The more I read about Mike Williams the better he sounds. He has his issues too, but I think in some sense the Bears are afraid of another Terrell-like mistake and may go with Williams.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby CC » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:50 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:That was the 2nd one in a row with the Bears taking Braylon too...Didn't they learn with David Terrell?


This is a rediculous argument! If you don't think the Bears should take Edwards your argument should be that Williams is a better WR, not that Edwards and Terrell went to the same school.

Are the Bears never supposed to draft a Michigan player again just because Terrell was a bust? A-Train did well for us.


While I am super-high on Braylon (especially as a Michigan fan) the feeling that Edwards could turn into David Terrell is there in Chicago. Edwards has actually stated he doesn't want to go to Chicago because he will face the Terrell-stigma. This is the only reason that I might have MW going to Chicago instead of my boy Braylon.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:22 pm

Ronnie Brown at #2? Doubtful. Cedric will go before him.

Pac-Man is a 10-15 caliber player, NOT #3.

I think that the Dolphins will get Henry or L. Jordan and will pick Derrick Johnson at #2.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:21 am

kevinoc81 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:That was the 2nd one in a row with the Bears taking Braylon too...Didn't they learn with David Terrell?


This is a rediculous argument! If you don't think the Bears should take Edwards your argument should be that Williams is a better WR, not that Edwards and Terrell went to the same school.

Are the Bears never supposed to draft a Michigan player again just because Terrell was a bust? A-Train did well for us.


I was completely kidding about the Michigan comment. However, I am a much bigger fan of Williams than I am of Edwards. I think Williams is going to have a lot he is going to want to prove and just be a monster. He has so much talent. Edwards is great too, but he sure seemed to have some lapses, drops, and certainly got lost in some games too if he wasn't involved-but I am sure that happens to a lot of WRs...

It will be interesting to see how Edwards does against top CBs next year. He tore up the Big 10. Michigan State made him look unstoppable this year, the same way they made Lee Evans look when he scored 5 tds a couple years ago against them.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:23 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact