Signature contest! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Signature contest!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Signature contest!

Postby Flockers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:31 pm

I think we should start a contest with the graphic designers. First 8 to sign up are in. Just for fun, no prizes. Should be cool to see what everyone comes up with.

All designers entered in the contest must submit their work by next Sunday at 6 PM EST or they will be put on my blacklist.

1. Flockers
2. SPC
3. Vikes_Rule88
4. defianthart
5. deluxe_247
6. joshyboy72
Last edited by Flockers on Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:35 pm

I'm pretty sure Smack had something in mind for later in the offseason. I guess I would be down for it if we held it now.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:41 pm

Also, I don't like your idea all that much (assuming that we'd just make a random sig and post it here). I think we should bring in a 3rd party to decide on a theme for us. Not like the theme being grunge or whatever (because everyone has their own, unique style), but maybe a specific player, team, etc. Just my $.02. ;-D
Last edited by South Park Cows on Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:41 pm

alright, im in, rules? size? all that stuff

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flockers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:45 pm

SPC, it will be judged by a third party, in way of a poll. There are no limits on KBs, but it has to be be be 468 x 100 or smaller. There is no praticular style either. Since each person excels at their own style, you can choose your own.

But it has to be football themed. Whether past, present or college is up to you.
Last edited by Flockers on Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby defianthart » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:46 pm

ill do it too. i agree with SPC, we should have a 3rd party decide on the players/theme/etc. also i think we should stick to cafe guidelines with size, whats the point of making the best sig in the cafe if you cant display it?

id like to make a request that the deadline could be a saturday or sunday, im at school monday-friday and dont have much extra time, but im home on the weekends and have all the time in the world.
Last edited by defianthart on Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:48 pm

I planned on going into the rules and such after we got the participants. We'll have to assemble a panel of judges to vote as well.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:07 pm

I don't want to participate, but I'd love to judge. And if you need a theme, here's one to think about:

Make a sig of a projected 1st round NFL draft pick (liek Braylon Edwards, Aaron Rodgers, or Derrick Johnson). Make a sig of them with their college uniform on, with the background being of the team that you think they will play for in the 2005 season.

Example: If you think Aaron Rodgers will go to the 49ers, make a sig with him and the 49ers incorporated, that says something like, "welcome to SF aaron!"

I don't know what you guys think of it, but it would be a challenge. Note that if someone puts a player with a team that they are not actually drafted to, there is no penalty against them. You guys should get an odd # of judges so there will be no ties at all. Maybe like 9 judges or something like that.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:09 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:I don't want to participate, but I'd love to judge. And if you need a theme, here's one to think about:

Make a sig of a projected 1st round NFL draft pick (liek Braylon Edwards, Aaron Rodgers, or Derrick Johnson). Make a sig of them with their college uniform on, with the background being of the team that you think they will play for in the 2005 season.

Example: If you think Aaron Rodgers will go to the 49ers, make a sig with him and the 49ers incorporated, that says something like, "welcome to SF aaron!"

I don't know what you guys think of it, but it would be a challenge. Note that if someone puts a player with a team that they are not actually drafted to, there is no penalty against them. You guys should get an odd # of judges so there will be no ties at all. Maybe like 9 judges or something like that.

I think thatd be a great idea, but entries are due wednesday. I think we could do that closer to the draft

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:13 pm

you could move the date back. I actually think that would be a good idea so people will have tons of time to work on their sig so it's perfect. you could have all entries due march first, so it will be more clear as to who will be drafted to what team, hopefully.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests