Houshmandzadeh gone? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Houshmandzadeh gone?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Houshmandzadeh gone?

Postby dave416 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:32 am

Rumor is that Pittsburgh is looking to sign Housh to replace Burress at the #2 WR spot. Apparently Cincy thinks that Warick will come back strong. I would like to think that they could keep all three of them. Also, letting him go to Pittsburgh would make little sense, as now they would have to face him twice a year.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby DUKE » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:39 am

I don't want TJ in a Steelers uniform either. I think he is a tough, hardworking Wr, but I do think he benefited greatly from all of the attention Chad demands. Similar to my thoughts on Rudi, I would like to keep Housh, but I don't want to overpay for him. One thing I did like about TJ, was that he was able to hang on to the ball after taking big hits.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Id prefer to see him stay if its the right price, but I wouldnt be entirely heart-broken if he were to leave....just as long as we found a solid replacement or know that Warrick will be healthy for next year.

Like Duke said, this year his stats were inflated b/c of the double and triple teams on CJ. I dont think he would put up the same type of year in PIT
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:04 pm

I actually think the perfect compliment to Chad is a "burner" type WR. He seems to have an inflated sense of his value, but Jerry Porter would be awesome on the other side. Anyone who lines up opposite of Chad will have a hell of an opportunity to get the ball, but in a perfect scenario, it would be a guy that can run. TJ did well, but he's not known for his speed. Man, can you imagine Chad on one side, Porter on the other, and Warrick or Housh working out of the slot? 8-o Oh yeah, and Kelly Washington is in his third year, and should be able to let us know if he's ever going to be the player that we anticipated when drafting him.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:35 am

Well as tight as our ownership has always been with payroll I would prefer they let him walk and address other needs before getting into a bidding war. As they would have less money to use towards other needs in thatt scenario.

With Rudi being franchised I'm thinking M. Lewis like Duke said is comfortable with letting Warrick come back or allowing K. Washington to try and step up.

K. Washington can be an awesome speed threat if thats what they are looking for as a 2nd receiver to CJ.

Personaly, either it be TJ or K. Washington as the 2nd receiver, I think that P. Warrick is best used as a slot receiver.

P. Warrick has decent seperation, good awareness, and is an athletic playmaker, but he just doesnt have the size and speed to be an above average 2nd receiver.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Cincinnati Bengals