vick in the pro bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

vick in the pro bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

vick in the pro bowl

Postby tpetty6320 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:48 am

to all the doubters out there that say that vick is only as good as his legs should have watched the pro bowl. i have been saying all along that he would be a much better statistical qb if we had a receiver other than crumpler. did you see his throws to holt.... atlanta has a bright future.............
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: vick in the pro bowl

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 am

tpetty6320 wrote:to all the doubters out there that say that vick is only as good as his legs should have watched the pro bowl. i have been saying all along that he would be a much better statistical qb if we had a receiver other than crumpler. did you see his throws to holt.... atlanta has a bright future.............

You do know its widely known that players, especially defensive players don't tend to play as hard or as physical in the Pro Bowl. If you want to make your argument that Vick is a good QB based on the most meaningless game all year, one that he didn't even deserve being in, good luck, because he's got all 2.5 years of mediocre at best QB playing that supports him being a bust as the #1 overall pick.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:19 pm

I was glad to see Vick do well with the "weapons" he had at the game. I don't think the "laxity" of the Pro-Bowl had much to do with it. If they are playing, they aren't going to totally lie down for a guy because they are competitors at the top of their game.

It does give me hope that he can really be a force on the field with a viable target running around. Until they get a better threat at WR so that we can see what he does in normal game situations, I won't be sold on him in fantasy. There is no doubt he can run with the best of them, and the dude does have a great arm. If you recall, on one play he threw a 60 yard bomb while running to his left - a throw much harder for lefties - like it was nothing...incomplete, but an awesome pass. 8-o

A certifiable pass game to go with their defense might make them deadly next year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:31 pm

Yep, until they get a real deep threat receiver this argument will stay wide open. Fantasy-wise, he isn't worth much this year... again. Add Porter, Plax or Mushy and who knows...
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby treat24 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:59 pm

who knows how vick would be... but basing good play in a pro bowl is kinda pathetic... the defense hardly tries no one wants to get hurt or hurt somebody.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:06 pm

See, I just don't buy that in full. I saw many, many pass play "jump balls" that were defensed pretty heavily. The DB's were trying to intercept and fight for the ball with the WR's. If they were trying not trying to "hurt anyone," they would have let the WR catch it without a fight.

I'll grant you that if a guy was beaten he probably didn't try to chase the receiver down, and that one slant to Harrison was a "gimme" as well...I bet if that were in a real game, he would have been demolished by one of the four guys closing in on the ball.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:32 pm

using the pro bowl as proof that a certain player is better than people think isnt really a good idea.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:41 pm

Considering the Pro Bowl enforces defenses to play a 4-3 with no pass rush how could anyone not do well?

Oops, sorry Donovan.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:45 pm

yeah, it's just one game. Vick has to show consistency in passing to prove that he's a top QB rather than just a top athlete that plays QB
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:25 pm

awwchrist wrote:Considering the Pro Bowl enforces defenses to play a 4-3 with no pass rush how could anyone not do well?

Oops, sorry Donovan.

Hey, McNabb was sick! I hear he had some bad soup and had to blow some Chunky's. :*)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting